Braxton Hicks?

I just started having a few pains in my lower belly and felt like it shot dow to my V area. And did it even when I inhaled. It subsided for a little while, then it came back.Im not sure if its just the way shes laying or if its Braxton Hicks. I heard sometimes BH can sometimes hurt a little and sometimes not. Im not all to familiar with BH or what they feel like. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

jaycie_p07

Asked by jaycie_p07 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It doesn't sound like braxton hicks to me...your baby was probably just sitting on a nerve. Braxton hicks feel like a squeeze. Your tummy gets really hard and sometimes it feels like your breathing is constricted.
    Anonymous

• I agree. It;s more of a pressure squeeze in your lower abdomen and pc muscle area. and it shouldn't hurt
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• It could be braxton hicks. With my first they were so painful I was dropped to my knees in tears in pain and I have high pain tolerance. With this one, they are just a tightening sensation that wears on me after a while.
    It could be that the baby is kicking down which would be a quick sharp pain down low. My baby kicks down and pushing out and it feels like he is trying to get out already!
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 7:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2009