My 2 year old found a old piece of roast beef and tried to eat it will she be okay?

We caught her in time before she could actually eat any of it . She hid from us I guess yesterday becasue we asked her if she had finished the sandwhich and she said yes but then I did my cleaning today and she found it while she was helping me clean. My hubby says even if her lips touched she could get really sick . I know she went to eat it but never got to actually take a bite before we caught her. Now I am freaking out! I usually always make sure she never hides food but I guess she was just to sneaky for me yesterday!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• your hubby is over-reacting, poor guy he is scared. but pp is right she would be sick already, just touching her lip to it, she would have to immediatly lick her lips alot and swalloww, ALOT. give her lots of water and just make sure no throwing up or poopign or tummy aches. silly sandwich hider lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• No, she'll be fine. If you eat something bad your body will try to get rid of it...ie throw up
    Anonymous

• plus the meat wasn't raw
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2009