What is your idea of Romance?

Since every person has a different way of seeing things, I was wondering what the different views of Romance were. Thanks in advance for answering.

emf6874

Asked by emf6874 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• My idea of romance is when a significant other does something genuinely nice out of appreciation (not obligation) for the ones he/she is with. It can range from buying an extravagantly expensive things to something as simple as opening the car door for me. A lot of relationship today is missing passion because there's no attempts to being romantic. If you just do one nice thing for your SO once a day, I would call you a hopeless romantic.
    denswife

Answer by denswife at 7:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• finding out what i need and giving it to me
    QRMom

Answer by QRMom at 7:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Well it's hard for me to have romance in my life because my fiance is in Korea right now. But I got a card from him for no reason one day, he didn't tell me sent it. It had a picture of a couple on the front holding hands at the beach, and inside it simply said "my idea of a vacation is anywhere with you, I Love you." It's the most romance I get but it made my heart melt.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 7:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• The opposite of my SO!!

scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 7:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My doorbell rings and I open it to a well groomed guy in a sports jacket and tie. He opens the car door for me. We have dinner at an interesting, quiet restaurant with great food, candlelight and live music and a table by the water. Slow dancing in between courses. Champagne. A walk along the water after dinner, fireworks in the sky. We get back home and relax in front of a fireplace with coffee and talk. We decide to retire into our silk sheeted bed for dessert, then drift off to sleep in each others arms.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 7:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• texting me when i can't talk, hugging me tight when I'm mad, tell me I'm beautiful when I'm having a bad hair day and my clothes won't fit.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 7:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I love your answer scaredmommy08...that's why I'm trying to see if I'm different from the "average" woman with my "romantic expectations"...seems like my bf is "romantically challenged"...LOL!
    emf6874

Answer by emf6874 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Check out the 5 Love Language book by Gary Chapman. He identifies 5 languages of how people show love and how they want others to show love. There is a test you and your SO take as well. The 5 lang are; Words of affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving gifts, acts of service, and physical touch.

After reading the book My dh realized I liked Quality time and gifts while I realized he likes acts of service and physical touch, So now my dd surprises me with flowers and I surprise him with taking out the trash.
    mommacan

Answer by mommacan at 7:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Sitting on the couch watching a movie and having a farting contest with my SO. LOL!
    Anonymous

• LOL Anon Who do you think would win? lol
    I'd just like to hear him say that he loves me at random once in a while. He always says it when he leaves in the am and anytime we end a conversation on the phone but I'd like him to sit, hold my hand and just say it softly, or even mouth the words to me just out of the blue. Hmm I never do that to him either, maybe I'll try it tonight to see if it opens any doors to his thinking lol
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2009