Why must you go thru Jesus to speak to GOD?

Why the middle-man and not just go straight to God himself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Christianity is based on our acceptance of Jesus Christ as our saviour. Instead of making blood sacrifices of lambs and things, Jesus Christ died for our sins so we didn't have to do that anymore. It is wrong for us to speculate about who gets into heaven or who doesn't, because lets face it, none of has done the absolute right thing all the way down the line the way that Jesus did. Only God knows your true heart and your relationship with God is between you and God. I can appreciate what God did and fully accept his son as my saviour, but I have no right to tell you how to talk to God, what your relationship is, or whether or not you will be admitted into heaven. Communication with God is personal for you. As Christians, we have a responsibility to live has Jesus did by showing unconditional love and acceptance of our fellow man. Remember Jesus hung out with drunks, theives, gluttens, etc. Pray to God as you wish!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I have a feeling these questions are going to go on forever tonight.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 7:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• lol
    Anonymous

• because the Bible says Jesus is the way the truth and the light nobody gets to the father except through him
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 7:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Ok, HollyRose...WHY??? I need more then because the Bible says so...
    Anonymous

• because thats God's son, GOD gave him to us so that all sins could be forgiven and we could have eternal life.
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 7:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Ok, just because he is God's son we need to go thru him to talk to God? That doesnt sound kind of stupid to you? So, for someone to talk to me, they need to go thru my daughter first? Umm, I dont think so..
    Anonymous

• ummm No I don't know where you got that but you don't have to go through jesus to talk to God??? Its really a confusing thing, but jesus God and the Holy Spirit they are basically the same thing they are called the Trinity you cant look at it as you and your daughter i think the best way to describe it is Jesus is a part of God
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 7:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Because Jesus IS GOD. He is the Second Person of the Holy Trinity. When praying to Jesus you're not going through anyone to get to God - you're praying to God.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 7:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• but to get to God to go to Heaven you have to believe Jesus is the son of God and that he died for our sins
    HollyRose