Any moms out there with a Mirena?

I realize it may be TMI...But I was wondering if anyone could tell me how THEY did w/ it during the first few months of having it. I am experiencing more than the normal "spotting", and some strange discharge. But my doctor didn't seem concerned when I had my checkup a few days ago.

mlinton87

Asked by mlinton87 at 7:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Health

• I bled for over 2 months when I first got it. I still get moderate periods. I also cramp a lot
    Anonymous

• After I got it I didnt have a period for 5 yrs till I got it took out.I had HORRIBLE cramping every month so bad it would bring me to my knees in tears.I would never get it agian or reccomend it to anyone.It was a really bad experince.I hope you have better luck!!
    Anonymous

• I had some spotting after I got mine and I had an odd brownish red discharge. They said that was most likely due to the antiseptic cleanser they use before insertion. I have had mine for about three months now and it looks like my spotting is over and done with. Good luck.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 3:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2009