what would you say?

Sorry accidently deleted the last one so am reposting. I am a single mom of three kids. My best friend of 13 years and I were talkin a little bit ago about how he is jealous of my kids because he wants kids. Then out of the blue he asks me to have a baby with him. He is financially able to help care for the baby and said he would like me to be the mother of his child because he knows me and trusts me and cares about me. It not like we haven't had sex before because we have but it still knocked me speechless. Not sure what to tell him. Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well if he would make a good daddy and take care of the baby, i dont see why not...lol that is of course if u want another one and you know he will be there the whole way.

newsflash people....u dont need to be together to have a baby...and some couples raise children just fine not living together
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• A woman stated in the other one that he is in love with me. I think she may be right. He has broken up with more than one girl because she has said something about being jealous of our friendship. I think that woman was right but why wouldn't he have just told me? I mean yeah we say we love each other all the time but we have done that for years and its always been as friends. But maybe I am naïve a little?? Lol
    Anonymous

• For me personally that would be way to weird unless we were in a relationship together. If it is something that you might want, then talk to him about starting a relationship and seeing where things go from there. Things could work out and lead to having a child, but other than that I wouldnt just have one with a friend.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 7:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Why would you bring a child into the world when you know you two aren't going to be together? Maybe you two should try dating first and see how that goes before throwing a child into the mix. No matter how close you are you may have battles about who has the child at night, who's doing more, etc.
    Anonymous

• I think it would be very unfair to the baby!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Do you want another child? That will be your answer.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 7:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• would that really be the BEST thing for the child?!?!

If you both can answer that with 100% positively YES it would be.. then do it. But if there is ANY doubt in your mind then DON'T
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 7:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• could you live with yourself knowing your child will be with him and not you, I know ya'll are friends but to carry a baby and hand it over sounds hard to do even amoung friends. If ya'll lived together it would be easier but it sounds like he just wants you to carry the baby and let him care for it and raise it.? what if he changes his mind, are you able to care for a forth child, what if you do not agree with the way he wants to raise the child.....I am not saying this is a bad thing, and women do this for each other often but with some rules or something in place, I would talk to some seragate moms and get there take on it and find out what they went through... I think you need all the info on this you can get before making a desicion....
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I just asked him if he would want to at least live in the same house as I already have one absent father and don't think that it would be fair to the baby and its not like it would be a big transition cuz he is here all the time anyways and pretty much has his own room cuz he always leaves clothes and stuff here and I put them in the guest bedroom. He asked when he could start moving in! Lol.
    Anonymous

• This is one of those that requires deep thought.

Do you want to go through another pregnancy?
    What if you miscarry or the baby has health issues?
    Do you plan on letting him raise the baby alone or co-parent or what?
    Is he gonna pay all your bills?
    What about your health,etc?

Lots of thinking to do.

Personally, I wouldnt. Id be fearful that something would happen to ruin my existing friendship. It is a nice thought but I know I couldnt.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2009