What do you do?

I am trying to get myself back into a decent weight range. 6 months ago i got on the depo shot but got off of it after the first 3 months were over with. I had gained 25 lbs. I was already heavy for my height but now i'm obese :( I need to lose weight now! My lower back hurts so badly from the weight that i have gained. I was wondering what you do as a workout plan. I need suggestions. I am walking now and have cut all soda out of my diet. I am only 26 but weighing at 195 lbs and only being 5' 2" is killing my back and self esteem :( Please someone help. What is a good calorie intake for my size? I am willing to take any and all advice. I know i probably am not posting in right area but just need some help.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 2:33 AM on Sep. 27, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I got a different work out video each week from the library and devoted 1 hour everyday to it. Eating right is a good start, but its not going to get your weight down its going to control it from getting worse.
    mom2lyl

Answer by mom2lyl at 2:53 AM on Sep. 27, 2011

• I disagree with first post. Eating right is everything! Diet is 80% of weight loss. Check out Loseit.com, they have a calculator for how many calories you should eat, it's free adn it has lots of cool features and help. Don't panic, you can do this. Think positive and love yourself right through your thick phase. You are not your body;)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 3:24 AM on Sep. 27, 2011

• You need to attack from three different angles: 1. diet - start at around 1500-2000 calories per day, make sure to eat protein, dairy and tons of veggies, keep the carbs light. 2. exercise - take a 30 minute walk per day, and time permitting an additional 45 minutes of gym (or try Tracy Anderson - I swear by her! She is good for every body type and while super friggin' hard at first, every effort starts to show after a couple of weeks). 3. attitude - make sure to make yourself happy. Don't worry what others think while you do all of this. You can smile because you know you are taking care of yourself! I swear, whenever I do this, I feel so much better that sometimes I am surprised at myself. I don't have a major weight problem, but my sister has and she has changed her life and looks amazing (also about 5' 2"). She hates exercise but does different stuff all the time to change it up. Start with a smile!
    nony2072

Answer by nony2072 at 5:52 AM on Sep. 27, 2011

• I did your BMR and it is 1672. This is the least number of calories your body needs to function and be inactive- think digestion, blood flow and organ functions. Once you add in activity, you have to consume more to offset that activity. In order to calculate your maintenance calories I need to know how many days per week you plan on exercising as it relies on that information. If you pm me that information I will complete the math for you and explain some more to you. I'm a fitness coach and will be happy to help you.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:24 AM on Sep. 27, 2011