I don't want a divorce. I want a life. How do you cope when you just can't balance a fulltime job and the home?

I have always had trouble working a traditional, full time job and keeping my home running and taking care of my children without having a meltdown. I feel like everyone handles it somehow and I am different because I can't and don't want to anymore.

manna1qd

Asked by manna1qd at 8:17 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Money & Work

• NO ONE can do it all, or even if they DID they cant forever. It is HARD to work full time and then full time @ home. Dont expect everything to be perfect - I promise no one else's houses ( with kids & pets & hubbys) are either ! Just make the choice to be OK with it ! Things change, they get better, they get worse - I remind myself that ONE DAY the kids will be our of the house and rarely come by and there wont be anything to pick up or clean etc, just my stuff - how lonely ! Just do the best you can & be happy !
    1happymom42

Answer by 1happymom42 at 9:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• If it is at all possible try to write down everything you want to accomplish kinda like a checklist. As you get one thing done you mark it off and that helps feel like you have actually gotten atleast something done, and remember dirty dishes are near as bas as missing that cute little moment, you may need to look into hiring a local person to help a little around the house now and again. If you know anyone who has a teen that wants some extra cash they will do most of the house for about $20 bucks once a week. Simple things like that help out alot when you know someone has swept and mopped and vaccumed. Good luck and just take a deep breath hon, you can do it if you believe in yourself.
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 8:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I can barely handle a part time job and my house! Ive threatened my husband several time that I'm just going to quit and stay home so we can have a clean house. I've learned that my sons room my room and the living room will never be clean no matter what I do and that there will always be a dish in the sink. I do what wondermommy5 said. I make a check list. It helps me feel like I did something for the day even if I didn't get it all done. If your kids are old enough you can have them do some of the chores. Just picking up their room can make all the difference in your daily work.
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I started working from home. Now I am able to be home all day with my family and I am almost making a full time income in just 3 months. What I ran into was not a get rich quick WAH opportunity at all though, so if that's what your looking for I appologize for wasting your time. What I found was legitimate for the first time and it's been working for me ever since. PLUS! I have people I know doing the same thing and they are there for me to help me anytime I need them. Want to know more? check out my website... www.stayinhomeandlovinit.com/jkbielefeld or send me a message! I can't wait to help you get started and help you get your life back together!!!
    Katie2233

Answer by Katie2233 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• You are not different. I work full time, then come home to three kids, husband, and two dogs. It is very hard. I am tired all the time. I am learning how to limit myself. My husband helps cook most of the time because he gets home before I do. My daughter helps with the house and the laundry. We are teaching the 8, and 10yr old to pick up after themself. After this last weekend. I spent all day cleaning my house on my day off. It was crazy. Since I have put my foot down and have made new rules in the house. Everyone has a responsibility now. Not just mom.
    cmktak

Answer by cmktak at 9:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• delegate. let the kids and hubby help you out.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:53 AM on Jul. 16, 2008