Hmmm did water break or what? possibly TMI thanks!!

today all day i was thinking how weird i felt. achy crampy etc...more than usual. i walked to work, worked and was feeling still weird. walked home and felt a sense of warmness down there... i got home and felt my jeans in the crotch and it was moist.
this was like 5-10 min ago. whatever it was, was enough to leak through my underwear and THROUGH my jeans. it wasnt A LOT but it was there and was about a wet mark of about 4-5 inches...

i know your water can break and can just leak slowly not all come at once...so im going to see what happens but what do you think it is?? it wasnt urine either i smelled it (gross i know) and it wasnt a urine smell. BTW im 34 weeks...

thanks ladies

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 7:59 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could just be discharge....sometimes that can be very watery (and it's not always smelly). I would just keep an eye on it. If you have any more, and you can't stop the flow at all, then it's your water!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 8:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I have been having that for a few weeks so i hope its not the water. It will happen a couple times then go away then come back a couple hours later. just watch it and see if it gets worse or gushes A LOT
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 8:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• u need to call labor and delivery to see if they want u to come in.. at 34 weeks if u have something like that happen u need to get checked u might have had ur water break and if thats the case ur baby is at risk for infection and is goin to have to be born,
    Anonymous

• Since you are 34 weeks, I would call your doctor and let them know that your water may have broken, describe what you did here, and see what call they make. They may want to check you out.
    ElderGothMom

Answer by ElderGothMom at 8:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• It doesn't sound like it. Wait a while see if you start having contractions or if more comes. That happened to me a few times right around 35 weeks and I always rushed to the hospital to be told that wasn't it. GL!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• well i have of course been having discharge its been getting to be more and more lately, so i wear a panty liner...
    but how did it go through ALL 3? panty liner panties and jeans.

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 8:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• ive been having contractions for a few weeks for pre term labor.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 8:05 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I didn't read that you were wearing a panty liner too. Call your doctor.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:06 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• You might not start to have contractions my water broke at 34 weeks i had to have pitocin because i wasnt contracting on my own.
    it can be a lot sometimes. call your dr. they will tell you i you should go in. they probably will tell you to go get checked.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 8:07 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• again like i said UR TOO EARLY TO WAIT AND SEE... if u were 37 38 39 or 40 weeks i would wait but ur not and u dont want ur baby to be at risk so call labor and delivery
    Anonymous