question about contact lenses

ok does anybody know if some one has a lazy eye can they wear contacts??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Health

• I believe you can, talk to an optometrist   I have afriend that has a lazy eye and wears contacts.

smnice

Answer by smnice at 8:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My son has lazy eye, and his optometrist said he can wear them when he gets older. So, I would say yes, unless you have something else that would prevent it. They've made some major improvements in contacts over the years, so now pretty much everyone can wear them. I have an astigmatism, and when I first started wearing glasses, there were no contacts for it, now I wear them during the summer for swimming and stuff.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:46 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My brother had a lazy eye when he was younger. The doctor put tape over the lense of glasses on his good eye side to make the weak one work harder. You might also try this when you are at home wearing your glasses to increase the strength of your lazy eye.
    Anonymous