• In the Spotlight:

If a 13-14 year old gets pregnant by a 19 year old and it was consensual........

and the father comes to the hospital when the baby is born (as the labor coach, whatever) --------- does the hospital have the legal responsibility to report it as statutory rape?????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• First off the hospital wouldn't know his age unless someone asked, which generally doesn't happen. and I don't think they work that way, I think that is up to the parents and i'm sure the hospital figures if she got that far without the family doing anything then it's really none of their concern.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 8:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Actually they do ask, I guess depending on the hospital. I was asked every time. But as reporting that, no clue.

Anonymous

• It will be reported when the names, ages and city of birth of the parents are asked to put on the BC. He will be caught eventually and the state will press charges on him.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I wasn't asked the age of my child's father. We just had to raise hands and swear that we were telling the truth about paternity so that his name could be put on the b.c. I was just looking at his b.c. and it does not have my age or his father's age on it. Maybe from the paper work? I've never heard of the hospital reporting stat. rape but I could be very wrong.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 9:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• It would probably depend on the state... In New York the father (if his name is going on the Birth Certificate) has forms to fill out including his DOB. But I think it would be up to the girls parents.. if they didn't press charges I don't think the hospital can.. but I could be wrong... your best bet would be to look up your states laws to find out for sure.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I def think this is pedophilia; would u want ur child/self manipulated/abused by a sex drivenidiot. But honestly I will say that I agree w/first; if the family is there for her, its none of their bus, however would that w/excuse the adult relative of the 10yo who got preg and the family covered it up. heck no. babies shud not have babies, espec those already deprived by their families lack of protection.
    Anonymous

• dont know if the hospital can...but a 13-14 year old CAN NO consent to sex....

ewww this is kinda creepy....what 19 year old is having sex with such a young girl.....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• It's creepy when it is is a nineteen year old and a thirteen year old, but different when it is a 24 year old with a 29 year old. Weird, huh?

The hospital would be mandated to report it IF the situation was brought to their attention, I wouldn't expect them to notice it on their own.
    I would never leave a thirteen year old girl alone with a nineteen year old boy, that's for sure. They are possibly at the same maturity level. . . not a good idea.
    If this is a personal situation, you can report it anon yourself. Just call the police.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• lovinangels
    It's creepy when it is is a nineteen year old and a thirteen year old, but different when it is a 24 year old with a 29 year old. Weird, huh?

Are you really comparing 6 year age differences in teenagers versus grown adults?! I was 32 and my husband 38 when we married...is that weird to you?! Consenting ADULTS can do whatever they want, its a parents job to PROTECT their minor children--which they obviously failed to do.
    Anonymous

• This is an interesting question!
    Anonymous