I need help getting my 2 year old to stop waering diapers at night I dont know if shes even old enough to not wear diapers at night but she's been potty trained since she was about 14 months old

aubrees_mommie

Asked by aubrees_mommie at 8:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Too young and will probably regress.
    Anonymous

• 14 months? thats impressive, doo tell!! how'd you do that?
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 8:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My son will be 3 in March and wears a diaper at night as well, but has been day trained since his 2nd bday. My mom suggested layering 2 thick towels on his mattress and warm jammies--but the kind that don't zip so they can be taken down easily at night. That way I wouldn't have to constantly wash big loads of bedding. His mattress has a protector on it already. Limit liquids before bedtime and make sure they go before they head to bed. I think we'll be trying it soon.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I think two is a bit young. Be patient mommy it will happen in time.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Maybe set your alarm and go wake her up in the morning to catch her before she goes?
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Most kids don't start staying dry at night until they are closer to 3 or 4. And some kids (like my middle two) wet the bed past that. My son has been dry during the day since 2 1/2 but wet the bed until he was 7.
    Other kids can stay dry at night, like my oldest who would wake up dry every morning before she even turned 2. But at 2 years old you can't MAKE them stay dry. They just don't have that kind of control over their bladder. When she's ready she will stay dry. Until then buy a big box of pull-ups.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Night time dryness has NOTHING to do with day time dryness. It is very, very common and very, very normal for kids to wet the bed. Did you know that 20% of all FIVE year olds wet the bed? Doctors don't consider it a medical problem until 7 or 8.
    Here are your options:
    Keep her in diapers or Good Nights and wait for her to outgrow it.
    Wake her just before you go to bed - but at the SAME TIME everynight - and take her to the bathroom.
    Wake her around 2am and take her to the bathroom. If she is still dry, wake her a half hour later the next night. You are trying to find the time she usually pees in the night so keep adjusting your time until you find it. Then wake her a half hour before that time until she starts to wake herself. This can take months or years.

My advice is to wait until she is 4 and then revisit the issue.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2009