Traveling with an 18 month for the 1st time?

Hi! In 2 weeks we will be taking our 18 month old on a plane for the first time. She will be sitting on our lap. Also, this is her first trip longer than an hour in her life. Any advice on traveling with a toddler?

MikaylasMom623

Asked by MikaylasMom623 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Travel

• No Advice Really- Just Keep The Bottles In hand And a Blankie., I've Traveled With My baby For THe First Time When She Was 6 Months And She Had A Blast!!
    Krazysexychef

Answer by Krazysexychef at 8:46 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Drink/Suck on the way up and on the way down. That's the hardest part on their ears...but if they are sucking it should be fine. I actually took Hayley on a plane to FL 5 days into an ear infection and she was fine! She didn't want to drink a bottle so she drank water and ate cookies on the way up and sucked on a lolly pop on the way down. We packed a lot of her favorite toys in a carry on and we had a portable DVD player. She couldn't hear it that well, but LOVED seeing Elmo. Good luck and have fun. I am sure she will be fine!!
    stacitg

Answer by stacitg at 9:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• We have never done a plane, but we have taken Noah on several long car rides. Our savior is portable DVD player with his favorite cartoons. Or, if you have an ipod that can download her favorite cartoons, that would work as well.
    kellyv22

Answer by kellyv22 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I first tookmy daughter on a plane when she was 1month and I gave her a pacifier so she won't pop her ears...She did really good. and when we on the plane when kenna 13 months,Igaveher some toys and her pacifier and milk to put her to sleep so she won't be so fussy.
    Since your kid is 18months, toys, dvd player bottles n pacifier(if not weened already) willmostlikey work! Iknow some people get annoyed by screaming babies so I try to entertain my girl as much as possible!
    Adja70

Answer by Adja70 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• TOTALLY A DVD PLAYER SAVED US TAKE LOTS OF DIFF MOVIES IN CASE HE /SHE GETS BORED , ITS BY FAR ONE OF THE BEST INVESTMENTS WE'VE DONE.
    eternaldeamer

Answer by eternaldeamer at 9:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2009