Depo Shot? How long did it take you to get pregnant after stopping your Depo shot?

We really haven't made in definite plans to start TTC, but my Dr. isn't allowing me any more Depo Shots since I've been on it for 2 years now. I can start birth control pills or another form of birth control, but I've decided to wait until my period comes back. So how long did it take you to get pregnant after stopping your depo, and how long did it take after stopping Depo to have a period. I went on Depo right after having my son and have not had a period since Jan 2006 when I got pregnant. I'm dreading the pain that is sure to come.

Elizabeth1015

Asked by Elizabeth1015 at 8:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Health

• 7 months for me but my friend like the moment she stopped taking it.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• It took 6 months before I got my period again. Once I had my periods back, I was pregnant within 3 months.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2009