I'm a New Scrapbooker!

I'm just getting into scrapbooking and I'm wondering what supplies I should start off buying. My husband bought me a bunch of stuff for Christmas, but that was mostly just paper, some decor kits, and a cutter. I don't want to make a HUGE investment in case I don't stay involved, but I know I still need to get some basic utensils. What do you other scrapbookers recommend?

KatieCrandall

Asked by KatieCrandall at 8:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Oh, I love scrapbooking and stamping. First of all, what are you making a scrapbook of? Is it a family album, a scrapbook of your child's memorable moments....? You need a theme so that is why I am asking since you don't want to invest much. I recommend getting some punch outs, ribbon, good cutting scissors,two sided adhesive glue, glue dots, and what kind of paper do you have? Do you have decorative paper or cardstock? Is your cutter a paper trimmer or a punch? Also, are you If you want you can visit my website at www.craftycreations.stampinup.net. You can see all kinds of stuff there and get ideas as well.

If you have any questions, please send me a message and I will be happy to help you out.
    SimplyCreative

Answer by SimplyCreative at 9:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• LOL, I want to do a million things! Books for my son, one of our wedding, a book for my mom...

Your suggestions are great, though! I'm reading a lot of it and saying, "Duh! I knew that!" But it's so overwhelming that I guess I can't think clearly on this! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I'd suggest finding someone or a few people in your area that are willing to share that way you don't have to BUY everything. I have a ton of paper cutters and all kinds of scrap booking stuff that I'd be willing to share just to have a scrap partner/friend. I think once you get started you won't want to quit! I'd also recommend going on the yahoo freecycle group in your area and post that you are wanting scrapbook supplies if people have stuff they don't want or need anymore they will give it to you for free. Then buy what you don't get! PM me if you need anymore help...I haven't done scrapbooking in 5 years and back then I just used some diecuts, paper, templates and stickers. Since then there are brads, eyelets, ribbon, stamps......all kinds of stuff I want to start using.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 1:04 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Also, good journaling pens. Lol, seems obvious, but it's the one thing I can never find in all my scrap stuff. Guess I should take my own advice and buy some new ones. Honestly, buy what appeals to you and what you can see yourself using. I have a ton, and can't even remember what I started with and that was only 2 years ago.
    britngavin

Answer by britngavin at 4:16 AM on Jan. 5, 2009