when will my kid sit on his own he'll be 5 months on the 8th

my son can roll but when will he be able to sit on his own? he can sit if you help him keep his balance...... but I was wondering when he'd be able to sit up on his own???
any answers are apprieciated
thanks in advance.....

Stacysrocker

Asked by Stacysrocker at 8:47 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When he's good and ready! LOL, sorry, but it's true. Some kids do it this early, and you'll find some moms on here saying, "Help, my 10-month old won't sit up!" My guy is a few weeks younger than your's, and I've been propping him up on the floor when I sit next to him. He won't tip over and get hurt or end up in an uncomfortable position when I'm there to watch him, but he still works those sitting muscles. Good luck! :D
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My son was 7 1/2 months before he mastered sitting on his own. If he is doing ok with help, then just keep practicing and I bet he is sitting before you know it!
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I'd say both of my sons sat up after 6 months.

Answer by Bmat at 9:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• When he is ready, it all happens when they are ready and every little one is very different.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 9:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Honestly it all depends on the kid, my daughter sat at 2 months my son at 6 months and the youngest a about 8 months! Really just depends on the kid!
    smom8

Answer by smom8 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My son didn't sit up by himself until shortly after he learned to crawl (around 8 months). He was more interested in figuring out how to get around and get into things than working on something that required more balance!
    Sandie0819

Answer by Sandie0819 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Mine all sat between 6 months and 7 1/2 months.
    My oldest sat on her own on Christmas morning (just before turning 6 months). My son had a HUGE head and would just topple over at 7 months even though he had been crawling on hands and knees for a month already, lol. My middle daughter was about 7 months and I know my youngest started, not just sitting, but going from laying, to hands and knees to sitting on her own (with no help) just before turning 7 months. She started crawling the same day.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My daughter started sitting up on her own at about 4 months.
    gwen2814

Answer by gwen2814 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My daughter started sitting by herself around 4 1/2 months. I nannied for a boy who didn't sit up until he was 8 1/2 months, but he had a larger head. My friend who is a nurse said it has a lot to do with the size of their head, since they have to support and balance it. I think it also all depends on the baby. My daughter loved to sit up from birth and liked being held in a sitting position.
    MommyJanelle

Answer by MommyJanelle at 10:47 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My son started sitting on his own around 5 or 6 months. It happens when they are good and ready. One day he couldn't do it and then the next day he could. It happened so fast!
    ctsassy

Answer by ctsassy at 11:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2009