I'm doing my registry, What carseat/carrier do i need to take the baby home in from the hospital?

i'm sooooooo confused

nasibaby

Asked by nasibaby at 8:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just do your research--we got a graco snugride--we love it. It has a button that you can push to loosen the straps to pull the baby out of the seat and then a strap to pull it tight again. I have other friends with graco's that don't do this. MY FAV feature about this carseat.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• An infant carrier of any sort will do....U probably want to get a head rest as well...i have B/G twins and these r the ones I got

Boy:
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2887294

Girl:
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2887293

good luck!
    CandyCaneMommy2

Answer by CandyCaneMommy2 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Thank u, as u can see I'm new to this and there is soooooooo much stuff out there,
    nasibaby

Answer by nasibaby at 9:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• An infant carrier. I also have a Graco Snugride and love it! I also like that feature, coala!

Registries can be overwhelming. I'd start by going off the stores checklist (you should be able to find one on their website if they didn't give you one in person), then branching out once your more comfortable. Remember, you can change anything you put on there, so it's ok to go nuts in the beginning! I scanned everything I liked in the store, then went through everything online later and took off the ones that rated low, had fewer features, whatever. So much fun!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I'm due in April, just trying to cover the basic stuff now. My friend took me to babies r us today, OMG my head was all over the place.
    nasibaby

Answer by nasibaby at 9:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• we are by passing the infant carrier this time around we are going to get a car seat that we can use from birth to 65 lbs most likly a briax. I just don't see the need in spending money on 2 car seats in a matter of a year or so. To carry the baby in the store or places like that I will use a sling.
    pixiemomma

Answer by pixiemomma at 9:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• honestly if you want something that bad dont bother putting it on your registry idk about anyone else but everyone that came to my babyshower got me NOTHING on my registry. it was appreciated, but thats the point of a registry ya know? btw... i have a car seat/stroller from walmart that my mom bought me it was $150. not bad right? and i have no complaints. its pooh bear : )
    shellxobabie

Answer by shellxobabie at 9:39 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• You might not get a lot of things off your registry (I didn't), but you get the registry completion deal! Who can't stand to save 10% on baby stuff?!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Graco is always a safe bet when it comes to carriers. They are all pretty much the same I think. You will need to add one of those newborn headrests though so his head won't flop around. He will be so tiny and look so small the first time you put him in the seat! :)
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I am sooo with you! Just the other day I was at the store looking at all the different car seats. Of course I was drawn to the pretty pink one for my little girl but my fiance, who already has a child, said to me "Are you expecting to pop out a 30lb kid?"

Oh I could have just died! I had no idea that there were special car seats for infants! Ugh... so then he showed me the isle of different infant car seats and I was still at a loss.

Being the experienced daddy he was he was able to show me the features he hated and the ones he wished that he had.

My suggestion to you is to re-post this question and ask for specific models that mommies like and why they like them or what features they don't like.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 10:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2009