How can I tell my family I'm PREGANANT again?

Im only 17 and have an 8 month old baby. My family took it really bad the first time and are just starting to come around. I went to the dr. yesterday and found out im 26 weeks pregnant which means that my baby will be born a week before my first turns ONE! I dont know what to do or how to break it to them and on top of that I just got a full scholorship to a private college that I have been wanting to go to. I just need some answers plz. thanks ladies

wainne

Asked by wainne at 9:10 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well if you're old enough to be A parent you have to be that! Be Strong & be A good Role model!! Do the best that you can! You're quite far Along.. Were are they if you 're this Young? Wy aren't you with them!? I hope you have Help, love, Care & supoort!! I wih you luck in Everything!! I hope your college days turns out & you do Great in everything! Just don't give up. Anythingood is worth fighting for & working for Etc..
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I don't know if there's anyway to do it nicely, but is there someone who is more supportive than the others in your family. If so get them on your side first and get their advice on how to break it to them more gently. If you ever need a chat then I'm here, I was in the same situation as you at one point, and I remember being terrified, just trust that everything will work out and it will :), so message me if you ever want to rant etc. Good Luck with all of this.
    HNK11

Answer by HNK11 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I agree with the first answer, get someone on your side. But you have to tell them sometime, I mean...they will notice. It isn't a horrible thing to be pregnant, its not like you are on drugs or drinking all the time. Its a baby, they may not respect your decision right now, but some day they will. All I can say is follow your dreams, dont settle, go to college (congrats on getting into the college you wany btw) and become the best you can. It will be hard, but just prove you are trying, and that you will succeed...thats all you can do
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 9:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• omg, 26 weeks !?! You must not be very big, i feel like a cow, and i'm only a week ahead of you, lol....anyways-on a more serious note....just tell them " i know this wasn't planned, but it is what it is.....and i need your support"....try to make the best of it, i know it's not the ideal situation, but there's no turning back now....good luck, and God bless ur pregnancy !
    JADENMAC

Answer by JADENMAC at 9:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• if you didn't wan to deal with telling your parents that your pregnant again maybe you should take better precautions when you have sex or don't have sex at all if you can't handle what comes of it. be more careful and you wont have to deal with it.
    Anonymous

• Please for your sake and the children's get on some type of birth control after this baby so you can go to college, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• what!26 wks and u didnt know?! thas almost 7 months! how didnt u know...sorry but sounds unreal to me.
    Jayzwife

Answer by Jayzwife at 2:42 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Just adding a lil more info..Look I breastfeed my baby till he was almost seven months so my dr. put me on the mini pill to prevent ovulation...I quit breastfeeding cuz i was tired of pumping all the time. After two weeks my breasts still had milk or it was more yellow like colostrum coming out of them and I knew that it couldnt be rite. Just like my first pregnancy I didnt have any symptoms like throwing up. I havent had a period since before i got pregnant with my first. So I waited and then finally took a home preg test which came out positive I didnt know how far along I was and didnt have any healthcare coverage which is y i didnt go to the dr. sooner. I know thats bad but Ive been taking the vitamins i took when i was breastfeeding. I know I should tell someone soon but I dont think I have the courage to let them down again.
    wainne

Answer by wainne at 6:33 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• not to sound mean or heartless but sweetie being as young as you are you might need to look into some form of birth control. but since you are already preggo again you might as well break the news before you really start to show and before the baby gets here.
    cnelson82

Answer by cnelson82 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2009