im about to throw my fiances xbox out the window he plays 24/7 and i can barely get a chance to make dinner or pee ! because im always caring for our two month old. what should i do and does anyone else have this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• I do...there is nothing you can do, he will never change. At least that how mine is...I NEVER get any help
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 9:13 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• girl I ground my fiancee from his Wii or Xbox when he used to play it all the time. When I would ask him to do something and he would say one second I walked over to that tv and I un plugged that stupid game and said No when I say I need you I really mean it as in now.

But we don't have that problem anymore because I threatened to throw it in the trash and he knew I would
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 9:13 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I would hand the child to him and say "if you want to eat, you need to take care of her while I cook". I'd put her in the baby bed/bassinet/stroller while I went to pee. Holding a baby 24/7 isn't a good thing (yea I tried it and it backfired on me). The game thing would bug me, but there's no excuse for not even being able to go pee because a baby is supposed to sleep roughly 12 hours a day.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• mine plays some STUPID GAME ON THE COMPUTURE ugh i know what u mean, i use to bitch so much and we really started having problems but then i said enough is enough he works night shift so when he came home i wouldnt let him sleep and i said i wont stop untill u do ohh and i also grounded him from getting some lol hey its working so far.. lol
    eternaldeamer

Answer by eternaldeamer at 9:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Gee wouldn't it be a shame if something "mysteriously"and hard to figure out just sort of happened to the xbox? that would be terrible(wink).
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I was so pissed at dh I told him to take care of everything for a day while I sat around on my ass like he did it told a couple of hours and he was already stressing and I said it isnt all that easy doing it yourself is it and he started helping me out a little more after that
    jibo

Answer by jibo at 10:05 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I really feel for you.its not fair.You need to put your foot down and get some respect.He has to realize that theres a baby now and its hard work alone and he's missing out on the good things too.good luck!
    momma2shane

Answer by momma2shane at 10:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I'd give him a fare warning... I'd try every possible way... taking the above suggestions. Just putting the baby on his lap and leaving. Let him learn how to handle it. OR I would unplug the damn tv. If nothing works then i'd cut the darn wires. I'm sure you'll get into a fight but when it's over, he knows you aren't playing anymore.
    girlletmetellu

Answer by girlletmetellu at 10:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• It would be gone in two seconds in my house. This type of thing (which we all read about every day here on CM) is one of the reasons we do not allow game systems in our home at all.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 10:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Yep! I know how you feel. I wait for my husband to get home so I will finally have a little help and what do you know he spends all night playing his stupid computer game! He seems to think that I don't do anything at all during the day. I also, threaten that I am going to leave him here with the baby all day for one day. I say "It will be easy, whats' the big deal you can just do nothing all day long wouldn't that be great!" It scares him a little but I really think I will do it one day!
    Anonymous