How can those.....

Who claim to be Christian live in sinful ways without it bothering them. Wouldn't that mean they aren't Christians?

ColleenF30

Asked by ColleenF30 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• In other words those whose every word is "God, God ,God" But whose every deed is foul. For example a man who claims to be a christian but continually cheats on his wife again and again and again without a second though.

Couldn't tell you but it would appear they are not true believers but merely use their belief as an excuse to not feel guilty for their actions because they rationalize to themselves that they are forgiven so it "doesn't matter".
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Like the "Christian" car dealership who just stole 5700.00 from me? I think that there are all kinds of dishonest, nasty people in every belief system. Some people hide behind religion to make them feel better about what they do, while some people arn't religious just don't care and continue their dirty lives guilt free.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 9:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• well the way some people see it is that they can say they believe Jesus is the way to get to Heaven which if you truely believe that then that is the way to get to heaven. But we all sin no one is more perfect than the other, but the Bible does say all you need to get into Heaven is to believe Jesus is the Lord's Son and our Savior, but I believe if they just kind of ignore it then they will be judged on there Judgement Day when Jesus returns to Earth to save all the Christians from doom.
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 9:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• To add to what pp said. Some people will lie about having a Christian affiliation to con people. I don't know how that doesn't bother people... even who aren't Christian... most people's conscious would be screaming at them.

saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• But doesn't the Bible say that a true believer cannot stay in sin? That their sin grieves them?
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• The Bible says all people sin nobody is perfect, but Christians are supposed to ask forgiveness for there sins and once you ask for forgiveness your really not supposed to keep doing it. Like for example lying if I lied to my dad and then I said okay God Im sorry do you forgive me I'm not supposed to just turn around and do the same sin again it doesn't work that way
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 9:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Christians are people...and people are flawed. Some of them just happen to think that Jesus is their absolute get out of jail card and that the devil is to blame...then they don't have to take responsibility for their own actions.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 9:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• it goes to all religons.....
    Anonymous

• OK to clarify it is not a question to weather or not Christians sin. That is know fact that yes Christians do sin. I am referring to those who live comfortably in sin at all times and claim Christ. For lack of a better phrase.....Those who claim Christ, but no one would have a clue by looking at what they do all the time and how they live.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• 1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 2, 2009