Could I still be Pregnant?

Okay, so I had unprotected sex on the 18th of Dec. I'm on birth control, do get that question out of the way. I am now on the white reminder pills, I have been Sunday. I got my period New years day when I woke up. It's a normal period, heavy and gross (so maybe tmi). But could I still possibly be pregnant? When I was pregnant with my first child Addison, I had my period but it was only a spot of blood for a day. I really don't want to be pregnant again, but the guy says he will be there for me my daughter and this baby. But I was just wondering. I mean I kinda want to be pregnant again, I see all of these newborns all over. I just miss the newborn stage.

AddisMommy0212

Asked by AddisMommy0212 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, if you're on birth control and just got your period, you're probably not pregnant.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 9:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• not likely
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• no dear...I mean anytime you are having sex you can get preg, but not with what you described.PS. count your blessings-you don't sound ready.Missing "the newborn stage" probably isn't the best reason.Not the worst but not the best.
    Anonymous

• I'm not ready to begin the whole stage over again. I am going back to school shortly. I want to get my degree in Business Management, Go to Culinary Arts school, Take photography classes, and some how manage to open my own photography shop. Even if that means me being in doubt at the age of 19, but it's the best for me and the child I have now. I want more children, but not yet. Some one else told me to go to the doctors and take a test in a few weeks. Well I got an appointment with my doctor next Friday. And I'll take a test in a few weeks just to be sure.
    AddisMommy0212

Answer by AddisMommy0212 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I would guess your not, but you know there's only one way to be sure!

And good guy or not, it sounds like having another baby is not something you should try for right now. From how you're described your life, I think you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by waiting a few years!

Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Why do you think that you are pregnant? You have used one form of protection, and have gotten your period? Are you just being hormonal/irrational? Have you missed some of your pills or not been on them for a while? I am missing the big thing that would make me second guess the protection that you are using...
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 10:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• No I'm not being hormonal/irrational. I've been on birth control since my daughter has been born. I missed one day, but the next day took the pill I missed. Which it says I can do. And I take them at the same time every day. I just know that some people can still be pregnant and get their period.
    AddisMommy0212

Answer by AddisMommy0212 at 9:57 AM on Jan. 3, 2009