lost all my friends

after I became muslim I lost alot of friends. You know I used to drink and stuff and now I guess I am to boring. How come nobody I know want to just have some coffe and a converstation? Its alway about drinking Now my mom is my onl;y friend . I used to have so many friends

muslimmom

Asked by muslimmom at 8:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• Some people can't see past the bottom of the beer bottle unfortunately. See if you can join some local mommy groups to make some new friends. I've found some for my area right here on CafeMom and the ladies I've met are great!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Unfortunately the issue may in fact be your conversion to Islam. For many people they hear 'muslim' and think 'terrorists' It is unfortunate but it is true.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• No I know that it isnt because of islam because some of them actually want to convert I have know about islam for 4 years before I converted. They were actually happy for me on that part. They just didnt want to change there life ya know. drinking and going out was more fun
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 8:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WHEN I HAD MY DAUGHTER. EXSPECIALLY WHILE I WAS PREGO. THEY WANTED TO DRINK AND PARTY AND I COULDN'T GO. PART OF IT WAS I WAS YOUNG AND MOST OF MY FRIENDS STILL IN SCHOOL. YOU JUST HAVE TO GET OUT THERE AND FIND NEW FRIENDS WITH SIMILAR INTERESTS. BUT KEEP AND OPEN MIND AND HEART FOR THE FRIENDS YOU HAD TO BEGIN WITH.
    Anonymous

• i know what you are sayin my mom is my best friend i dont have any friends anymore
    ADENSMOMMY123

Answer by ADENSMOMMY123 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• It's kind of like any other major lifestyle change. Parts of your old life slip away and make room for new people or things to enter. Think about the change from being single to being married. There are often friendship changes around that too.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• If your ever in my neck of the woods. I would love to have coffee with you.
    ibeamomysomeday

Answer by ibeamomysomeday at 11:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I think it may be the religion and not the drinking, a lot of people dont want to be around someone with such radical beliefs expecially now with the terrorists.
    Anonymous

• Have you tried to make friends with other women at your Mosque? thats a good place to start I think.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• i dont drink, don't smoke and since i have kids, i never do anythign without them. i have the best friends in the world. find better friends...there's always me.;)
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:25 AM on Jul. 16, 2008