best age to get pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• whenever your ready, in a stable relationship and can afford it...
    I dont think there is a set "age"
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 9:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• going by numbers alone it is between about 18-28 BUT big ole but that isn't right for everyone physically or emotionally.You can be healthier at 35 than you were at 25.Depends on you.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• 23-30
    Anonymous

• I think age is going to be different for everyone. I wasn't ready to have children until I hit my 30's. I really wanted to be there for my children & be hands on at all times. The role of being a mother was important to me so I wanted to be sure that I was ready.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 9:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• 25
    Anonymous

• I think the right age is when your heart is ready for a baby :). But Your partner heart has to match yours. Unless of course your still in high school or any grade lower than that
    watergirlbrown

Answer by watergirlbrown at 9:39 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Oh wow does that vary. Baby Buzz spent a week analyzing the different ages to get pregnant a few weeks ago, I'd check it out!

More than the number, I think the best time to have a kid is when you can provide them with the best possible opportunities from a stable, loving environment. Get in a good relationship (while marriage isn't a requirement, it's easier to keep Daddy involved and legally responsible if you're married!), find a safe home, and put aside some money for emergencies (bed rest, extra medical care, whatever). It'd be ideal for both parents to be employed before you start trying, a)so you're less stressed, and b)so you have insurance in place.

I don't think anyone should plan to have a family while receiving government assistance. If you end up needing help when things go wrong later...well, that's what it's there for. I think a lot of people abuse that.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• When you are in a steady and healthy relationship, at least somewhat financially stable and mature enough to handle it!
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 11:01 AM on Jan. 3, 2009