Positive before missed period???

How many women actually get a positive before they miss there period?

zimmtobe

Asked by zimmtobe at 9:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i want to know too.
    Wytegirl

Answer by Wytegirl at 9:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I always use the first response tests and on 2 out of three children tested positive at least a week before my period was due.
    maemaesmom

Answer by maemaesmom at 9:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Its is unlikely to get a false positive..... even if it is before ur missed period. I wouldnt waste more money on test and just make a doc appointment....
    Anonymous

• I got a clear positive on a First Response test at least a week before my missed period with both of my pregnancies.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 9:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I did not. I tested for almost 2 weeks b4 one came out positvie.
    Anonymous

• I have had 4 pregnancies. It turns out the my ovulation was later in the cycle, so I would test a few times to figure out if I was pregnant or not. When I would find a positive, I'd go to the doctor. Well, the ultrasounds would always be off from my cycle, as if when I found out that I was pregnant, it had to have been only a few days!!! So, my point is twofold. One, if you are pregnant it will eventually show, and two, if your cycle is normal, then you may find it out very early. Please keep in mind that no matter how many times you do this, you will always find reasons to ask questions... I am in a weird thing right now, too, waiting to figure out what is happening in my system, too! Good luck
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 10:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I have been pregnant 3 times (one was a miscarage) and all 3 times the test was positive at least 4 days before my period. And I usually buy the offbrand (like wal mart's equate) brand.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I did a couple of times. I knew exactly when I had ovulated though and woud test a few days before my period. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it was a false negative. The First Response Early Response was the most accurate test for me. I got false negatives with store brand tests and with the Clear Blue Easy Digital.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 11:00 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• i found out like 2-3 days before my missed period with my son and with this baby. With this one i took 2 first responses and a walmary brand on October 30th and 31st. They were all positive. On October 28th I took a dollar store one and got a negative but I guess it wasnt as sensitive. My period wasnt due until November 3rd-4th.
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 2:54 AM on Jan. 4, 2009