need honest opinions.

I had a baby shower last month. I helped my mom and her friend and put a lot of hard work into getting it together. I invited my in laws but there was a fire blocking there usual route to my house and they did not make it. We gave them directions on how to come another way but they decided not to come. My aunt and cousins who live farther still made it to my shower. Any way no my MIL is throwing a shower for her sons girlfriend who is do a week before me and wants me to help with the planning. Is it selfish of me to not want to help? I am 36 weeks pregnant and just don't want to do it again, especially when they didn't even show up to mine. Or buy a gift for the baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wouldnt WANT to do it, but it is your MIL and you dont want to cause problems....If you do it, it will be hard, but its better than causing problems
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 9:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i wouldnt do it, she didnt come to yours or get her grandbaby anything.. so why should you do her a favor? let her worry about it!
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• unless you are close to your SO'S brother
    sunshinebaby209

• I would send a gift after all it's not that other lady or her baby's fault they didn't show up, but no if I didn't want to go I wouldn't go. they should have been more considerate than to ask you.i would politely decline and send a gift. good luck to you on your upcoming delivery!
    maemaesmom

Answer by maemaesmom at 9:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• That's a hard question. I'm not sure if you are close to your MIL but you can either refuse to let this get the best of you & give her another chance by helping out or just make sure that you are unavailable that day.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 9:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Thank you. We already bought alot of clothes a crib bedding set and bath tub for their baby, which we already gavr to them.
    Anonymous

• MIL's S U C K plain and simple. dont worry you have other people.
    Anonymous

• Regardless of the family drama, I think asking any woman who is 36 weeks pregnant to help plan a baby shower is a bit much. They should be doting on you, and encouraging you to rest up before the baby comes!
    owensmom17

Answer by owensmom17 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Maybe you can tell her that you are just not up to it. Tell her that you aren't really feeling well. I can't imagine that you would be expected to put a lot of effort into a big party. Maybe you can tell her that you aren't feeling great, so, what exactly does she need help with???? I am so amazed at how clueless these people can be, as if you aren't already with a lot to do for yourself...
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 10:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• If you don't work...tell her the doctor put you on bedrest or something, and you're not allowed out unless it's an emergency. :P
    Anonymous