we have been together for almost two years, he had a previous fiance, gave me a ring in may, but didnt ask me to marry him... whenever i bring it up he tells me to stop talking about it ... what should i think? im the mother of his child and he asked someone else not me??!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm confused do you want to marry him???
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 9:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Do you want to stay with a guy who clearly does not want to commit? Tell him he talks about it or you walk. You don't want to be in a relationship with someone when it is obviously not going anywhere.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• What was the ring for? Does it have a diamond? It doesn't sound like he wants to marry you. If you're OK with that, then no problem, but I'd worry.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• its a beautiful ring with a nice size diamond. he says he plans to marry me but if hes so set on not talking about it there must be a reason right?
    Anonymous

• so he didnt even ask you? I'd give it back and be like you can give me this ring when your ready to ask how did you even know I wanted to marry you? lol but thats just me Im a mean person lol jk
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 9:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• he said he wants to wait until one i get through nursing school and two he has money to buy me the ring he thinks i deserve
    Anonymous

• well then hunny I wouldn't worry about it.. men sometimes need time when it comes to committing... just support him without being pushy... he'll come around.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• It is a good idea to get through nursing school. By doing this you are guaranteeing that you will be able to support yourself. Once you are independent, if your guy is still not willing to commit, then you may need to think about what you want to do.

Answer by Bmat at 10:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Are you currently living together? I'm guessing you are as you have a child together. Definitely get through school and be the best student you can be and the best mother you can be. You need to be able to take care of yourself and your child. As for the guy, he's obviously not ready to commit so you have a choice to make, wait or kick him to the curb. Don't push him into marriage or the marriage will end. 1 out of every 2 marriages ends in divorce. You want to have a sound marriage to get started.
    Free2bmom

Answer by Free2bmom at 10:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I think it sounds like he's stalling. If you're living together and have a child together, what's the difference to himif you're married or not. The fact that he doesn't want to talk about it makes me think he doesn't want to get married, he's got the benefit of having a wife without having to formally commit to you.
    2boysmom703

Answer by 2boysmom703 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2009