What could be wrong with my daughter? Any ideas please.

She is 23 months. I went to give her a bath and she has a bright red rash on her body. It is the worst on one side of her lower back, but is light on top of her legs, stomach and back. Her vagina ia also bright red. She is telling me her "back ouch" and keeps saying "peep, peep" (she has to pee). Also when I go to put her on my hip she wont spread her legs. Could the rash be something assoiated with the back hurting and so on??? Any idea's would be great. the rash isnt bumpy and seems t be under her skin. Also, she hasnt eaten anything different that she could be allergic t0. Im just decided if I should take her to the hospital. I hate to drag her out at 9:30pm in 5 degree weather, but I also dont want to put her to sleep if there is something seriously wrong. My husabnd says wait until the am, but I feel like I should take her just because I have no clue what it is and she never has a rash.

asholan_07

Asked by asholan_07 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Health

• have you switched soaps, or laundry detergant??
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I think if it's effecting that much of her body that you should take her in.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 9:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• YES TAKE HER!!! By all means! Please! This could be serious! If she says her back hurts AND she says pee pee it sounds like her kidneys....but i could be wrong! I have NO idea what the rash could be! Please take her to the ER and update us!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 9:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• No I havent switched soaps. Thats the first thing i thought of b/c I put vicks vapor bath in the tub, but she has had that a bunch of times before.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• id call your mom and ask her... thats where i get my best advice OR call her pediatricians office abd have her dr paged and ask them.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I'd take her now. That she is in pain is a concern. If your pediatrician has an emergency back up call them first, or if there is an urgent care clinic. But failing any of that yeah take her to the ER.

Answer by Bmat at 9:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I WOULD SAY TAKE HER ASAP!!!! for it to be that big and hurting her.... i would rather be safe then sorry....just bundle her up and bring some kind of toy of hers with you....hope shes okay...keep us posted
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I'd definitely take her in...or at the very least, call the pediatrician. In my experience, my son only complains about not feeling well or hurting when it is REALLY bad. So when he complains about a pain, I take it very seriously.
    owensmom17

Answer by owensmom17 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• That sounds like when I had a reaction to some lotion my SIL used. I wore her slippers and the skin burned off of my feet and they swole up. There were no bumps only bright red skin and swelling. It was very painful. Definately take her in.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 10:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Take her in immediately. With the pain, etc. you don't want to wait. It sounds like some kind of infection or allergic reaction. Please keep us informed after you get medical attention.
    Free2bmom

Answer by Free2bmom at 10:46 PM on Jan. 2, 2009