Does anyone have the new contraceptive iud they advertise on tv? minerva?

If you have it, have you had any complications and would you recommend it to anyone else?

Asked by firefly2008 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Health

• my sister had it and it caused her to get infections so bad they had to take it out. IUD's for some people who are prone to infections are not a good choice of BC.

Answer by amyrw at 12:40 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Yes, I have the Mirena. I love it and haven't had any issues. I would recommend it to other people.

Answer by KlousMomi at 2:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• i do and got ovarian cysts on it, so i had it taken out. also, my friend had it and had to have surgery to remove it because it sucked up into her uterus!

Answer by krs_tristan at 3:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• You can contact them and they will send you a really nice information kit (mine came with spa stuff) including a detailed question and answer sheet. Turns out I'm not a good candidate for it. I would definitely call or visit the website to get the information.