my almost 19 month DD refuses to bathe since sunday when she had a fever due to an ear infection.what do i do?

She screams and cries when her sister is in the tub and she thinks i am putting her in it... She used to love the bath..I mean really loved it. She had tubes put in her ears at 8 months and now one is coming out and infected.. but since that started she throws a fit like she is scared to take a bath so she is screaming and climbing out while i force her in long enough to wash her.
She will work up the courage to stand by the tub and play with the toys floating in it but as soon as she thinks she is going in she wiggs out..
What do i do to get her over this? Why is she doing it all the sudden?
She has also been acting scared around not so familar ppl too

emturner

Asked by emturner at 9:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I was going to say-it sounds like someone hurt her(sorry mama) but you said only you so...Maybe water got in there and it was hurting that day so she made the connection? U can try bath paints,toys,a special dolly-here's the catch she can only play w/them if she gets in the scrubby.She will come around until then can you try the sink to at least get her cleaned off? maybe taking showers w/her for a few times might help but you run the risk of her always wanting u in there. Good luck hope I helped.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Has she been around anyone new lately? Maybe she got hurt by someone?
    Anonymous

• She hasn't been alone with anyone ... She is always with me... I don't know if she thinks the water is what makes her ear hurt..i just don't know
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 9:46 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• maybe when you wash her hair the water gets into her ears and hurts them and thats why she is afraid?
    Anonymous

• I had tubes in my ears when I was younger and it hurts like hell when you get water in them. I means seriously... It hurts like a bitch! Maybe she is afraid of that?
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 10:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2009