What kind of town do you live in? Do you love it or hate it?

Small town or big city?

I think this is the smallest town we have lived in so far. About 20 ooo people. Kinda dead. The mall kinda sucks. The weather is terrible, but the people are warm and friendly! These are the nicest people I have come across in a long time. Everyone polite and courteous. I am on the fence whether I like it or not. Just moved here a month ago, so time will tell.

GIswife

Asked by GIswife at 9:39 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I live in a very small town - approximately 4000 people if that many. We used to have a mall - been closed for years. The biggest thing here is the new Supercenter Walmart being built. Everything is closing due to the economy. The weather is fine and the people are SUPER nice. We pull over to the side of the road for ambulances and funerals - HA! I used to hate it but now I love it. Great place to raise a family. But it is getting scary with all of the closings b/c there are no jobs.
    SuperBamaMom

Answer by SuperBamaMom at 9:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I LOVE Portland, Oregon. Born and raised and I'll probably never leave. Large town with a small town feel.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 9:46 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I live in a small small town in Texas. We just moved here from Dallas so it's a BIG change. Everyone is super nice and going to the Walmart takes forever because everyone knows everyone. The coolest thing I saw that made me love this town was about a month ago I was trying to leave work and everyone was stopped and out of their cars. When I got out of my car to see what was going on someone told me that there was a funeral passing. The town had closed ALL roads for this one funeral. It touched me forever.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 10:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I live in a pretty small town and I like it here. The schools are good, the people are alright, it is safe here. I know the whole "nobody thinks it will happen here" horror stories, but I still feel really safe here. And all of my family is here or one town over...when we started having kids it became really important to us to have our family close by.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• There are less than 1000 people in the closest "town". It doesn't have a stoplight or a grocery store. It has a "Uni-Mart" convenience store/gas station, a couple of pizza shops, 2 bars, a few churches. I like living here, but I've lived here my whole life. "Implants", as we call them, seem to like it too. Everyone is very friendly here and it's a safe place to raise a family.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I hate my town. Primarily because it's just so dark here. People aren't nice and they are so immoral it is disgusting. I'm not just saying that because I'm a Christian and I think I'm better or something because we all sin and mess up. I'm saying that because it's truly TRUE. The mothers are so neglectful here and don't seem to care about their children. I had one woman even try to blow smoke in my asthmatic baby's face just to tick me off (she said she was trying to tick me off because her smoke made him cough........yeah still doesn't make sense to me either). One little girl used to try to get my son (when they were both about 5 years old) to take a shower with her and she talked about the showers being full of blood!!!! So I truly do mean this entire area is dark and just...........ICK. But I try to spread light where I can.
    proverbsmommy4

Answer by proverbsmommy4 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• BIG city. We live in Chicago...inside the city limits. I grew up here. In fact my family has lived in this house for the last 20 years (since I was 12). I don't really like it and never have. I like that it is Chicago. I love Chicago but would prefer not to live here. There's too much noise (we live blocks from Midway airport so lots of air traffic noise), pollution, crime and stuff like that.
    But I like that we have everything we could possibly want here (the mall is minutes away...actually there are 3 malls we can go to) and if we ever had money there is lots of fun stuff to do downtown.
    Personally, I prefer a small town. The last place we lived had only a few thousand people. The town my husband is from has 17,000. I went to college there and liked but the closest mall was 75 miles away and the only place to shop was Wal-mart (where we both worked) so that sucked.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i live in Edmond, OK (75,000) a suburb of Oklahoma CIty (550,000). its good i guess. deffinitly not bad! of all the places ive lived this is one of the few places that doesn't suck. theres stuff to do, plenty of places to shop & eat. we have good schools & most of the economic problems arent hitting us (yet). i like to describe the people as Educated Rednecks haha. they have the good qualities of southern ppl, but w/ enough education to know better than to keep the bad qualities of the south.

the only problems i have w/ them is all the OU college football crap & that NO ONE knows how to drive haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I live in Toledo, OH and I cannot stand it. Too much noise, too many people. I can't wait too get out of here!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I live in Jackson Ohio and ppl n the bigger Ohio cities usually dont know where Jackson is its small I HATE IT theres so much drama here. The only thing good about living in a small town is that when you dont know what your doing someone else always does lol.
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2009