Is it possible......?

I was just starting to lose weight and feel better about myself when I got pregnant again....Is it possible to still diet while pregnant? It's so hard for me because I am staying hungry ALL the time!!! I constantly want food!!! But when the baby is born in May I want to continue dieting and excersisng.....so...is it possible without hurting the baby?

mominbolt

Asked by mominbolt at 9:46 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Keep exercising (listen to your body... don't push yourself too hard), and just make healthy food choices. Don't limit yourself, and don't let yourself go hungry (when you starve yourself, you starve your baby). I managed to keep my weight gain to 12 lbs in my pregnancy, which was WONDERFUL. I walked and went to the gym, but I didn't push myself to the brink. Eat lots of fruits and veggies, and whole grains and lean proteins. Keep fruits and veggies handy and easy to eat for snacks, and don't keep any junk in the house. Also be sure to take your prenatal vitamins! Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:03 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• not really diet but you can still avoid junk food and just keep eating healthy foods.
    Anonymous

• i would talk that over with the OB and make sure ... are u over weight....? Normally it isn't to safe to diet.. but eating healthy and exercise is fine
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 9:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Trying to lose weight is very harmful when pregnant. Your baby needs extra nutrients and your bodies job right now is to grow a healthy baby; not lose weight. I advise to continue to eat healthy and exercise throughout your entire pregnancy and your body will bounce back quite quickly after you give birth. But, you need to eat a decent amount of calories daily and should be eating five to six times a day. Don't ignore your body when it is hungrey; listen to your hunger and full signals and you will be fine.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 9:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• you can continue to exercise and just eat right. I started to lose weight before I found out I was pregnant and didn't gain weight till I was 6 months, but I did have a good size belly.
    Anonymous