How can i get my daughter to eat!!

Well seh is just about 11 mths old and she hardly eats. she actual lost weight last time we went to the dr. She said just to feed her what we eat but she wont eat any meat and wont even eat in her high chair. if she is sitting next to you on the floor she will eat but not by herself. any suggestions!!

Lilpita86

Asked by Lilpita86 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sit down on the floor next to her and eat. It won't last forever I promise. She might be getting a tooth or somthing. My daughter does the same thing. She goes through spurts where she wont eat anything but chicken nuggets or mac and cheese or some other thing. Try finding that one thing she likes and sneak some stuff in it. I mix rice cereal in the mac and cheese and some extra milk and veggies. Hell, I will even give it to her for breakfast too. I will also give her a lot of snacks during the day and let her have her cup of juice while she is playing. Try to make every calorie count. But if you find she will only eat on the floor next to you.... Guess what? Who cares? WHats more important... good manners or your kids health? This isnt forever. It's not like she will be in college sitting on the floor with you...lol. Good luck!
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Follow what your doctor said, just give her what she will eat. Offer her any and everything you can think of. If she doesnt want to eat in the high chair maybe you can look into getting some kind of chair you can put at the dinner table to make her feel like shes a big girl.When they are that young its hard to get them to eat because they cant tell you what they want. Good luck!
    1sttimemom2008

Answer by 1sttimemom2008 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Sounds like your daughters a grazer. I used to set up a snack table for my dd with things on it like cubed cheese, crackers, cut fruit, dry cereal and other finger foods. Its ok that she's a grazer. When they get into a growth spurt she'll be looking for more and coming to the table. Just keep offering. I'm sure your dd is perfect for her size. All children grow differently.
    nightowlmama4

Answer by nightowlmama4 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 2, 2009