Am i Overreacting or am i right?...

Lately my DH has been really ticking me off,i work 3 jobs and when my checks come in HE has to get them in his hands and HE has to take them to the bank,i never see that money.My Bro and his GF invited me to Dallas and he flat out told me no,i am not 10 i do not need his permission,he has to always approve of what i do,He was never like this,if he was i would have NOT married him.If i ever need anything he has to make sure i really need it,once he told me i didnt need pads or tampons to just use toilet paper....
I just want to slap him everynow and then but im not violent,i have tried tlaking to him,telling him it hurts me,etc nothing works,today i even thought about just coming home and taking off and never look back,but i know thats not the solution.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• quit giving him your checks and get your own account.
    1sttimemom2008

Answer by 1sttimemom2008 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Go to the bank and pull your money out and go on your trip. He's being controlling and a jerk.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Do you have kids?
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• when you get paid put your checks in you own bank account befor you even go home three jobs and what the hell does he do
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Yes we have one son,He is a manager at a sports store.he always complains he works harder than i do,(9-530,5 days a week is not alot compared to my work schedule)
    Anonymous

• Maybe taking off is the solution. He will either realize his mistakes and make it up to you, or he won't care and you can move on and find someone who will support you for a change. If you are working three jobs, you don't need him to take care of you. And if he treats you like this, how do you really feel about each other? I would hate my husband if he did that.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 10:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• You can probably have your checks sent to your own bank account rather than home, if you want to do that. He sounds as if he has become extremely stressed. He needs a physical exam to make sure he is OK. And a marriage counselor might help, if he won't go with you, then you could go on your own. Good luck, it sounds like an unhappy situation.

Answer by Bmat at 10:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• try putting some of the control back in your life.have your checks sent to another bank account under just your name or have them hand you the check at work.when you decide which your going to do keep in mind he doesnt need to know how much you have.start putting some aside in case the problom becomes a bigger one you will have money to go somewhere instead of leaving with nothing.
    angelwings3116

Answer by angelwings3116 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Exactly why are you still with this control freak?
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 10:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My SO and I do the finances together, but we don't ask permission to spend money. About the time I got told pads/tampons weren't a necessary purchase and I couldn't have the money would be about the last deposit made into that account with my money. I would expect him to pull his out if I started telling him what he could and couldn't buy with his money (I mean aside from completely ruining the finances or something...but pads aint gonna put you over budget). You're not over-reacting.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2009