Evap line on a Pregnancy test?

Gosh, when we are trying to find something out with pregnancy, we see all kinds of things, don't we? Anyway, my question is, is an "evap Line' on a pregnancy test a shade of the color it is supposed to be, or a darkened spot that you hold up to a light and see???

I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me, and son #2 was negative like 3 or 4 times before a yes, and two of them had a slightly visible line.... GOSH! Even after 4 kids I can't keep from asking for help, too....

Scimecamommy

Asked by Scimecamommy at 10:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• wish i could help u but im having the same thing occuring right now the line i have is is a strange color if thats what u want to call it. and i to have 4 kids.lol sorry i cant help.
    lala91172

Answer by lala91172 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• The evap line (from my understanding) is more of a greyish color. If its a blue or pink line than it may not be an evap line. How soon did you see the line? I would think if it was in the 5 min window and the line is the same color as the control line it may be a positive. Good Luck!
    RandJsmom

Answer by RandJsmom at 3:00 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• The line was dull and you had to really look, but it was a dollar store test and it was suppose to be a darkish purple but this shadowish line was more like a light, barely there, pink... I just don't know if it's my imagination! I am going to the dr! I am calling monday morning. I had a light pink/ligh brown spotting on the 10th and I called them and they said it should show now... We will see!
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 12:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Good Luck!!!!
    RandJsmom

Answer by RandJsmom at 2:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2009