How high should my uterus be at 11weeks?

I am getting big really fast and yes this is pregnancy #3 and i know you get bigger faster but i had my mom messure my uterus cause i havent seen my ob yet and yes my mom is a RN and its already at the top of my belly button and i think thats a little hight but i dont know what do you ladies think?

ashleejo

Asked by ashleejo at 10:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 1 cm per week so about 11 cm
    Anonymous

• Yeah...that a lot high...Its should still be behind your pelvic bone maybe a little higher. Mine was at my belly button at 20 weeks.
    Anonymous

• i am so scared that its twins and like my belly feels so full.
    ashleejo

Answer by ashleejo at 10:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• At 11 weeks that does sound a little high. You may be in for twins! GL!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• maybe you are farther along than you thought...
    Anonymous

• thats the thing i know im not farther than i am because ( and im not asking for critasism from anyone) me and huddy were ttc a dd and were following the shettles method so i know the one and only day we had sex so that the day.
    ashleejo

Answer by ashleejo at 10:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Perhaps it is twins. Or it could be from too much fluid. Usually it doesn't reach the bellybutton until 20 weeks. You should call your dr and see what he/she thinks.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Don't panic. I have 4 kids. My uterus, probably like yours, was stretched a lot. You are showing faster and bigger because there were previous pregnancies. The most important thing is to begin prenatal care with your doctor. It, of course, can be multiple births, there is always that chance. But, I think it is just your body aware of what is happening and showing signs of previous pregnancies. I was big to begin with, but as the pregnancies progressed, I would always show up the right size or a week ahead (height of the fundus) Anyway, the other thing that happened with the uterus being the home of a previous baby, was that there was plenty of room for the baby to swim around in, and boy, did they get into it! Good luck. I am sure you will be fine.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 11:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• im really thinking its twins because im right with ya i know the more babies you have the bigger you get but with my secound pregnancy i alwasy messured like 2-3 weeks behind and my doctor said it was just because i have small babies.
    ashleejo

Answer by ashleejo at 11:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• It should still be in the pelvis. You shouldn't be able to measure it yet. The belly button is generally at 20 weeks, so the twins suggestion, if you really are that big already, is not out of the question.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:55 AM on Jan. 3, 2009