After sex?

How long do the contractions last? When they are just from you having an orgasm? I have been havin them for the last hour and a half 6min apart. And they are INTENCE.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• how far along are you and what is the duration of the contraction. FYI, if they are 6 minutes apart I wouldn't be too worried yet.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 10:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Oh sorry 38 weeks and they last for at least 45 seconds to a min.
    Anonymous

• FYI, I am a doula.

Honestly, it may be nothing. Go lay down for a while on your left side. If nothing changes in another hour, you may have something. They won't hurt (I mean you think you are going to kill your husband hurt) until they are a minute long and 3 minutes apart. That is when you should get going to the hospital too. The fact that you can type and ask questions makes me think you are not in any serious labor yet. But, at this stage...the body does like to practice for the big show.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 10:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• FYI I have had babies before.
    I was able to walk and talk and take care of my son when I was in labor with my daughter. And with my son I was induced and contractions were 1-2 min apart I was able to do things then too. I have to have c-sections so I cant go into REAL labor. I have one scheduled in a week and a half. I was just wondering cause they are annoying.
    Thanks though.
    Anonymous

• Yikes, my contractions don't last very long after an orgasm at all...as in I might have a couple. If they're coming regularly and lasting that long I would go get checked out. You might not be making it to your c-section.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Honey I think you may be in labor-go to er or call doc.good luck mommy!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2009