Hello everyone! :) I am 38 weeks and 4 days prego and yesterday i went for my appt, and the doctor stripped my membranes. i was 1 cm and 50% effaced. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience, or knows what I should expect or has any helpful advice to speed things along?? Thank you!

nwdscw

Asked by nwdscw at 8:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• When my doctor did this, I was 39 weeks. I was already dilated 4 cm. and was "paper-thin." The baby was ready. Some people said that I would go into labor within 24-48 hours. I didn't go into labor for another 5 or 6 days. I had my son the day before, or 4 hours before my due date.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 9:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I am 38 weeks tomorrow and last thursday my doctor had also stripped me and I was losing alot of brown mocous and a little of blood but I been getting some contrations and I was 2 centemeters and 50% effaced I have an appointment tomorrow to see my doctor I hope I have change and I will have mmy baby soon cuz I am so miserable being pregnant so wish me good luck and I wish you do the same cuz I know how it is to be were you are right now like you just want to pop any second.
    MommyG203

Answer by MommyG203 at 9:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Walk, walk walk walk walk, and oh yea! Walk some more. When my Dr. stripped me I went another 2 weeks before I went into labor.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• walk and walk and walk. and have sex. while you still can and have the energy...if you can with having that done.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:23 AM on Jul. 16, 2008