Has anyone tried Nutrasystem?

My health insurance will cover a portion of this. I've been tempted in the past thinking, "How can I go wrong? Everythings preportioned & packaged." It's pricey I know but I'm wondering if I order 1 month's worth, that's enough time to lose more than a few pounds, at least a start. Do you have any thoughts? Any experience you can share?

good2me

Asked by good2me at 11:07 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I tried it for 4 months and lost over 20 pounds and no the food isn't GREAT but its not terrible either there are some really good things in it!! I found that it worked for me but i got pregnant and had to quit it and now i can afford it unfortunately!! anyway i would recommend it good luck!!

scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:25 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• my mom got it and I tried some of the food...it was mostly gross. no flavor...the packaging would have tasted better.
    Anonymous

• I haven't tried it but I've heard that the reason it works is that they add an ingredient into the food that makes you so gassy you just aren't hungry after eating the tiny portions... I wouldn't want that, would you?
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 11:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I've never tried it, but after all the diets I have tried, I think it's a waste of money like every other "diet" The way it works is providing portion control using disgusting pre-packaged foods. You might be successful and lose some weight but you won't keep it off unless you life that diet for life! or you learn portion control...but most people don't/can't on their own. I'd suggest Weight watchers. There are 2 plans and you can pick what is right for you. On one plan you can eat whatever you want and you aren't restricting yourself from foods you love as long as they are in your allotted points for the day. The other plan you eat as much as you want from a list of foods. I personally love the point system and it's very easy to follow. It's not a "diet" it's a life style change it's learning portion control and sweet/junk food moderation. Good luck! pm me for more info.

britni11

Answer by britni11 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My SIL tried it. Why, I'll never know...she's always been thin as a rake.

BUT...

She hated the food and said it didn't make any difference.

Try Weight Watchers instead.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I have never tried it, doesn't really fit into my schedule because my kids obviously aren't going to eat it and I usually make food for everyone to eat. I have tried some things that have helped me lose quite a bit of weight and keep it off since I had y daughter message me for info .
    BettyBoots

Answer by BettyBoots at 12:29 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• my grandparents are off and on it. I have tried some of the foods and actually liked them. I got pretty full after just one thing of lasagna and a small glass of skim milk. I would go on it if I could afford it. My mom tried it years ago when my grandparents 1st started. the food was disgusting then but has since improved(a lot).
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 1:47 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My uncle and aunt did it and said it was gross. I think it would be cheaper to use Lean Cuisines. They are $1.88 at Kroger right now. Same concept, better tasting.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2009