mucus plug??

what does it look like? How long after you lost it did you go into labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ever blow your nose when you have a cold... the yellowish glob of snot occasionally with streaks of red in it? it looks like that :o) gross description but the best one I know.

the time frame varies. I lost mine at 20 weeks with my last pregnancy but didn't go into labor until 36w2d. with baby #1, I lost it the same day labor started. with #2, I honestly don't remember seeing it so I lost it at some point while going to the bathroom I assume.
    Anonymous

• some women don't even realize they have lost it. It is living tissue, so it can grow back. It could be tomorrow that you go into labor, and it could be another 3 weeks or so. It's a good sign that everything is on schedule, but not that anything is going to happen right away.
    As far as what it looks like...it's gross
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 11:15 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• It can look as descibed above or it can be clear and glossy,small amounts or large. Don't worry about labor coming right away, it can still take weeks.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I never saw mine, and If I did loose It I didn't know about it!
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 11:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Mine came out in "pieces" slowly over a few weeks. I've had a lot of mucus discharge since the beginning of pregnancy - it will look like globs of mucus. Seriously. Sometimes it has a little blood in it. When you wipe you may see it or pieces of it. It is one of many signs that labor is on its way, but you can loose it weeks ahead of time or the day before. Its not a set timing thing.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• mine came out, it was a big clear booger looking thing, youll know it when you see it. as far as labor, that can vary greatly, my sister in law went into labor the next day after she lost hers, me on the other hand, i never went into labor after losing mine. i had to be induced. so ya never know!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 12:35 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Yep it looks like a HUGE booger!! lol
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:53 AM on Jan. 3, 2009