I love breast feeding

I love breast feeding my son. Is sad when it is over? I love the closeness we have.

muslimmom

Asked by muslimmom at 9:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter is almost 13 months, and she is slowly weaning herself. I so so so love it, the connection that we have. and knowing that I am giving her the best nutrition possible. I have been very depresed when I realized she is weaning, i don't want it to end!!
    renajennjenn

Answer by renajennjenn at 9:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• i was so sad when my wee man self weaned at 6 (argh) months....it really broke my heart but only because he did it so young! but the closeness that you developed during breast feeding will serve you well afterwards...not to say that those who dont b/f wont have that bond just saying that for me i felt it brought us closer...
    afeather

Answer by afeather at 9:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• It was very sad for me when my daughter stopped breastfeeding. She went on strike at 10 months, and I had to stop abruptly and much sooner than I had planned. All I can say is enjoy every minute of it!
    sondrajoy

Answer by sondrajoy at 10:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I breast feed until 16 months, yes it is sad, but I was happy to have a break. I let her go until i felt she was ready. IT took a few nights, but i slowly weaned her and then went cold turkey. She did great.
    I think the key is waiting untill you are both ready. I am happy. My baby is healthy and I would be greatful for any amount of time i could breast feed her.
    bluesubaru

Answer by bluesubaru at 10:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• It is sad if your nursing a 4,5 or 6 year old. And natural to miss it when it stops because of the closeness you get from it. But dont do it till the kid is walking talking and in pre school.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Of course it's sad. It's the end of a phase in both of your lives that will never come again. It's OK to feel sad, even to cry and grieve for what is ending. But also try to look forward to the wonderful things to come.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• It is a little sad, but you may not even realize it. My daughter gradually weaned herself. After 3-4 days I was like, oh no we have not nursed in some time. So yeah but the new found freedom is awesome.
    Just enjoy it while your doing it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 22, 2008