Daycare. Is this a good deal?

Once six weeks old, she will go to daycare for 24 hours a week (three days) I will pay $160

They provide the formula if I am not breastfeeding. I provide the diapers.

I love the daycare as my autistic SS is in it now and they have done wonders with him for the past four years.

Is $160 a week too much for infant care for three days?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 11:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think the rate for under 2 years old in my area is $25 a day. It seems high to me, but we are pretty rural. I think the important part would be that you are as comfortable and sure of the care being given there.
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 11:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• no i think that seems good.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• no actualyl thats pretty good, ecspecially if htere providing the formula. you got a good deal. it will go cheaper tho as your baby gets older
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 11:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• im not sure.my 8 yr old autistic son couldnt go to daycare.They told me they couldnt ''deal''with him. why are people so mean?
    momma2shane

Answer by momma2shane at 11:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• It all depends on where you live. When I lived in MA 3 years ago, we paid $150 a week for an in-home daycare. I think regular daycares were close to $200 a week. They all provided formula. Here in AR, I pay $100 a week for my 12 mo. I've never had my kids in a daycare in AR that provided formula though...
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:08 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I'm not sure, it sounds high to me. I pay $125/week for full time home daycare for my 20 month old (its $175/week for full time infants). They provide food. But it depends on where you live. I'm in OK, everything is cheaper here!
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:36 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I pay $902 a month for 5 days a week and 10 hours a day. It depends on your area to what the cost is..in Seattle (1/2 hour from me) daycare is well over $1,000. I've never heard of a daycare providing formula before so that's awesome
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:30 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• OMG no that is a GREAT deal for an infant.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:58 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Nope, that's about right. I spend 210 a week for 5 days.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:46 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I think you should compare it to other rates in your area. Where I live, I paid $150 a week for 2 kids in daycare, 5 days a week. So to me, that seems pretty high. I think it really depends on where you live. Call around to some other daycares and ask them their rate and what they provide. That should give you a better idea if it's a good deal or not.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:57 AM on Jan. 3, 2009