Drivers License/Ids for illegals?

Do you think illegals should be able to get IDs and such so that they can be kept track of like other human beings? Or should they just be anonymous and no one knows who's who?

luvinher

Asked by luvinher at 11:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh, ladies, I have statictics coming out my ears on this. If our system was reformed to allow more people to BE legal, we wouldn't have states like California saying their broke from fighting immigration. Because those immigrants would be allowed to be productive members of society- they wouldn't have to hide and people wouldn't feel the need to spend (ah-hem, THEIR?!) tax-payer money to hunt them!!!Oh, and one more thing. I LOVE MY MEXICAN MAN, who happens to have papers, but I didn't know that when I fell in love with him. Here's the thing- if our system was more efficient, it wouldn't have taken him 3 years and a ton of money to BECOME legal!!! If you don't want them to be IL-legal, make a better way for them to be LEGAL!!!
    ChelaRenee

Answer by ChelaRenee at 4:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I think they should have some form of ID yes.
    Anonymous

• they are supposed to have a form of ID... its called a greencard
    Anonymous

• yeah, they are supposed to have an id anyway.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I do think that they should be able to get ID's and driver licenses. There are just too many reprecussions by banning this. We will have an entire sub population of people driving with no driver licenses which means that they will have no insurance, which in turn will drive insurance prices up. Also, taking away this privelage will not stop undocumented immigrants from working, so they will find another way, even if this means fabricating false documents. I don't really understand why it is such a bad thing for them to be able to get ID's...I only see major problems if they are no longer allowed to. They just banned it in Oregon and I believe that it will be overturned eventually. There are way too many people complaining. It takes so many documents to get a license here now. It's a huge pain.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 11:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• but if you are illegal, what you go to an MVD and tell them
    "oh im illegal but want to get my license."??

thats dumb
    Anonymous

• A Greencard is the required ID. I do not support giving illegals of any country, rights so many other visitors to the US have to obtain to be here. Illegals should not be given FREE ANYTHING...especially at taxpayers expense!

I am disgusted and fed up with politicians coddling illegals and allowing them to break our laws and kill our citizens!
    naturescape

Answer by naturescape at 11:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• agreed natureescape
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:59 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• no way, wtf would an ILLEGAL need an ID for? if they are here ILLEGALLY they should be sent back....

did u hear about how that illegal imm. got a drivers lis. then killed that woman in an accident... horrible....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:08 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I say we send out message that illegals will now be able to obtain a drivers license without immigration documentation and when they show up at the DMV have ICE ready and catch them all and send them back to where they came from! Illegals obtaining IDs means that they are trying to do something legal, like drive, and illegals obviously don't care about the law because that is the first thing they did by coming here...break it!
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 12:34 AM on Jan. 3, 2009