Precancerous cells ????

After my pap my obgyn told me that I had precancerous cells. They did not do a biop bc i was 4 months pregnant and want to wait until the baby is born.. I'm a bit worried

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Which is very painful! NOT a PINCH! Then he said well we need to do a something or another forget what it is called but the essentially burned off the top layer of cervix to prevent it from turning into cancer. Well come to find out when I got better insurance........All of that was WAY unnessesary! So def if it bothers you get a second opinion. I wish I had done that!
    And remeber it doesn't make you a bad person having this, anyone can get it wether you use protection or not. It can spread by skin contact. I hope I have helped ya a little.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• PREcancer cells.
    that means they arent even the cells that START to BECOME cancer.

is he talking about HPV?
    a lot of women have that and it means you MIGHt have PRE cancer cells that MIGHT turn into cancer.

i wouldnt worry about it.
    Anonymous

• http://www.righthealth.com/topic/Precancerous_Cells/overview/fnbc?fdid=nbc3627§ion=Summary go there it talks about it.. it has alot of info.. hope it helps
    Piraal

Answer by Piraal at 11:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• im sure if your doctor decided to wait that it is okay for the time being. if it was major he probably would have done SOMETHING for it. stay positive though you dont want to stress during pregnancy.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• dont be nervous at all!!! i have hpv, and i found that out before i was pregnant, i had precancerous cells, they did a biopsy and everything was fine and then it went away. when i got pregnant they came back again, i went back for my pap 6 weeks after my daughter was born and the cells had again gone away completely. dont worry about it! the way my doctor explained it to me was that it is extremely common. it is very very rare for these cells to turn into anything bad, especially since they cathc them early there is a lot of things they can do to help them. also, with your hormones going crazy that may be the cause to them acting up no. but everything will be fine
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 12:28 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Dont stress. I've had precancerous cells since i was 19. They are still just the same as they were then. Usually they don't change rapidly IF at all. I have a biopsy every year, when I was pregnant with my son they just put it off until after he was born. They'll probably wait until a few months after you've had the baby and do one then. Don't worry!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• agree w/above esp kelso, its good that ur 4mo along and u can focus on that for now. Its called stage 0. Treatment and all that stuff depends on the type an area, they will likely want to do a workup afterwards.
    babygirl821

Answer by babygirl821 at 12:30 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Well I have had that and it is HPV. Hate to say that, cause no one wants to hear it, but ya know it just is. So you have to deal with that. Pre cancerous cells just tell ya that you have cells starting to change, not that you have cancer. Or that you even will have cancer, but it does mean you have HPV. Don't worry, after the shock you will learn that one of two ppl have it. And if you have sex with more than one person you prob. have it to. It could have been dorminant for years or could have just started beginging with onset of preg. Hard to say. But there is no need to worry. I went to a quack dr who said I had hpv, and I had to have a biop.
    Anonymous

• Same story here. I have pre-cancerous cells as well. Depending on your doc and the results of your biopsy, they will either just monitor the cells to make sure they are not changing by doing paps more frequently, or there are some different types of procedures they can do to remove the cells if they are already more advanced. I freaked too when I found out - all you hear is that "C" word, and can't help but lose it. But it IS really common, and will be FINE!!! Just focus on that precious baby growing inside you, and worry about all that after the baby comes!
    owensmom17

Answer by owensmom17 at 12:36 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• When you are pregnant many cells in the vagina look pre-cancerous. My doctor told me when my son was a baby that if you ran a woman's blood through every test but a pregnancy test and you didn't know she was pregnant, it would look like she had a several blood disorders and was diabetic. But back to the pre-cancerous... the best thing to do is wait and see after your 6 week check, although it could take up to 6 months for your body to return to "normal."
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:50 AM on Jan. 3, 2009