5 Bumps

How do I apply for WIC?


Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

2704 Level 16
This question is closed and filed in the CafeMom Encyclopedia.
Answers (11)
  • Ours is in our health department.. just look it up in the phone book and call.. they will tell you all you need to know! And it is a wonderful Program!!

    Answer by emturner at 10:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

    Credits: 15 Level 3
    Votes up:5 Votes down:0
  • if you google wic you should be able to find your closest office, you can call make an appointment and in indiana you have to have your id, proof of address and last 30 day income. however if you are already on medicaid you atomatically qualify.

    Answer by ambernicole531 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

    Credits: 462 Level 10
    Votes up:4 Votes down:0
  • Just search for the local one in your area. Than call them and set up an appointment and ask them what you need to bring. If I remember you need proof of your income and a bill that goes to your mailing address. It's pretty easy to do.

    Answer by Kenzies_momma at 10:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

    Credits: 6 Level 2
    Votes up:2 Votes down:0
  • Google your local WIC office (each state has its own phone number and website, so I can't give you a universal one). You just apply within (many of the forms are online, and it's WAY easier to have everything done in advance, like the doctor's form, plus, it'll tell you everything you need when you go in). They will then have you make an appointment to get your checks and learn how to use them, and you'll go in each month to get more checks, and they'll ask you some questions about your nutrition. Once your baby is born, they'll re-enter you (as if you're reapplying), and enter your baby. We had our son at Kaiser, and they did a lot of the work for us. They actually sent in the verifications they needed, which was great.

    Answer by musicpisces at 6:34 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

    Credits: 195010 Level 45
    Votes up:2 Votes down:0
  • i dont know about where you live, but here in va you just go to your local wic office. they will sign you up and ask you questions of your income, and just different questions.

    Answer by rhettsmommy4eva at 10:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

    Credits: 3 Level 1
    Votes up:1 Votes down:0
  • go to the dhs office or heath department thats where i had to go to get mine

    Answer by mom-to-be21 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

    Credits: 0 Level 1
    Votes up:0 Votes down:0
  • well i had to have proof of pregnancy,proof of income,proof of address social security card and what not,and u can get proof of pregnancy from doc or health depatment,u can look up your local wic office online

    Answer by alaina_20 at 10:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

    Credits: 151 Level 7
    Votes up:0 Votes down:0
  • I believe it is through the local health department.

    Answer by ohmommamia at 5:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

    Credits: 53 Level 4
    Votes up:0 Votes down:0
  • google wic and it will give you the toll free number goodluck

    Answer by tandie1977 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

    Credits: 706 Level 12
    Votes up:0 Votes down:0
  • so what a check stub from my paycheck be the proof of income?

    Answer by nandy90 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

    Credits: 840 Level 12
    Votes up:0 Votes down:0