Is there financial aid to help college students pay rent?

My Hubby and I have been looking at apartments, but we can only afford VERY bad ones (cock roaches, bugs, black mold...just nasty). And we really dont want to move DD into one of those, so i was wondering if there are any government programs to help college students who dont have six months rental history, I know about section 8 but we need the rental history, and we dont have it...


Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 3:28 AM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

3452 Level 17
This question is closed and filed in the CafeMom Encyclopedia.
Answers (2)
    Pell grants
    those are programs that help you pay for college + give you some extra for living expenses. you can actually use the money for what ever you want since they basically reimburse you for money you already paid since they generally don't send out the funds until after tuition is due.
    also look into student loans or other college related grants.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

    Votes up:0 Votes down:0
  • I would go to state(social security office) and tell them you need a home.They should be able to help.

    Answer by Chrystal_A at 9:57 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

    Credits: 31 Level 4
    Votes up:0 Votes down:0