Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else having a problem with baby cloth sizes?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 6:19 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 376 Total Views
My daughter is going on 11 months, and I'm still finding it impossible to find cloths that are sized right for her. In order for her cloths to fit right and not fall off of her I have to buy them for 3 months to 6 months.  Shes 11 months and still fitting 3 months cloths!  She wasn't premature, and unless they expect everyone in the world to be delivering 16 pound babies i think the sizing put on cloths is ridiculous because it doesn't match.  The dress she's currently wearing says 3 months 6-12 pounds.  My daughter is 11 months and about 24 pounds and can fit it perfectly with room to spare. I can slid my finger between her diaper and the clothing with no problem, and underneath her shoulder strap with no problem so I know it isn't to tight. She was 6 pounds 7 ounces when she was born and even some of the preemie cloths were to big for her! is anyone else having this problem with the sizing of baby cloths?
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
justanotherjen
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 8:06 PM
I've always had the same problem.  All clothing companies seem to have their own sizing.  Nora is 11 months old, too (tomorrow actually).  She wears 12 month clothes and has for awhile.  The pants are the perfect length right now but since she only weighs about 18lbs many of the waists are so big the pants just fall off of her.  She can wear newborn sized onsies in some brands but also wears 9 month and 12 month ones, too.  She has a few pair of 18 month pants that fit perfectly.  It gets frustrating.

My 4 year old was still wearing 3-6 month clothes when she was 8 months old and they were big on her.  Nora outgrew those same clothes at 3 months old.  Brenna was just average size at the time.

My son was the opposite and was wearing 3-6 month clothes at birth beause he was so big for his age.

Now fast foward to today.  My 6 year old is impossible to shop for.  She weighs the same as the average 3 year old and is about as tall as a 4 1/2-5 year old.  She will be 7 in June and can still wear 3T clothes.  I buy her 6 slim pants and they are slightly long but way too big in the waist.  I get her 6 jeans with adjustable waist and have to pull them elastic as tight as they will go to keep them on and I have to take about 2" in on her skirts or buy long style skirts in a size 4 to fit her.  It just drives me nuts.  When she was 3 she still fit into some 12-18 month shorts she had.
andreaarney
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 8:09 PM
It's like I wrote that myself only I have a son. He was 6 lbs 6 oz when he was born and around 22 lbs now. Nothing 12 months fits him. The only thing his size that fits are the onsies. Every pair of blue jeans I have for him just fall off. It's awful. Kaleb eats all the time and all I hear is "Wow he's SOOOO big!!!". I don't get it. But you're not alone.
jkruehmann
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 1:44 PM
I have the same problem, but my son can wear all different sizes depending on who makes it where it comes from ect. I actually have a set of ciro white onesies that are labled 0-3 months that fit him, the where huge when he was 0-3 months. He is 10 months and has a few 3-6 months things that fit 6-9 months and one or two 12 month things, its just all over the place which makes it really hard for me or anyone else to buy clothes for him!
luv4myboys
by Group Owner on Mar. 5, 2007 at 2:08 PM
Yea Blake has a few 9 month onsies and 12 month onsies he can wear..I think because they are so stretchy!  But His torso is longer than his legs when it comes to the sizes.  He wears 18 month shirts and 12 month pants.  Size 4 shoe.  The 12 month shirts the neck line gets pulled down cause they are too tight...well the button up ones anyways...and the sleeves are too short.  And the 12 month t shirts...his head is too big to pull them over...well on some anyways..unless they are really stretchy!  Well...Blake has a doc appointment tommorow and I get ot meet his new pedi..(My hubby got a new job and we switched to Kaiser) .I'll let you all know how it goes!
Hoozeluv
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 6:42 PM

Absolutely true!!! My daughter has been wearing 12 months clothes since she was 6 months old! She's not a huge baby! My problem is they make a lot of the twelve months little girls jeans with tiny waists where it squeezes her when she's sitting, the thighs are too tight in them, or they cut them low in the back to where it doesn't cover her diaper and I feel like I always need to pull them up!!! It drives me CRAZY!!!! 12 month shirts are just fine. She only has one 6-9 month outfit left in her circulation, but it's getting tight in the waist. I finally just went out and bought her a bunch of sweatpants even though the jeans look cuter. Her Gerber 12 months blanket sleepers look like 6 months clothes on her!!! Her arms hang out halfway below the sleeves and her size 4 feet won't fit the footies on them!! The 18 months blanket sleepers in the same brand, the legs are so long they fold up under her feet when she walks!!! Can't win!!! Gerber usually runs small for their age. Carter's brand is usually pretty accurate, and is pretty well priced at Wal-mart and Target. I won't buy them at Sears or Meijer because it's twice the cost for the same outfit!!!!

cbusmom2g
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 7:08 PM
I have similar problems with my girls... my 3.5 year old is so thin (32 pounds but 3.5 feet) that 18 months skirts and shorts fit but are way too short.  I have everything altered.  My youngest is 10 months - late April- and is the height of an 18 month old but the weight of a 6 month old.  Tall and skinny I guess is the way I raise them.  Overalls work really well for me at this time.  I know they are not "girly" but they work.  Also, hanna anderson works on height for sizes and not weight.  I have been very successful with their stuff.  It is more expensive though.  Good luck.
YaYa0087
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 10:05 PM
my son has been wearing 18 months for the past month and a half and he just turned 11 months on the 21 of feb. Clothes run diffrent....be encouaged it gets better . My son was 7.3 when he was born an 21.5 inches long.... 
YaYa0087
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 10:05 PM
my son has been wearing 18 months for the past month and a half and he just turned 11 months on the 21 of feb. Clothes run diffrent....be encouaged it gets better . My son was 7.3 when he was born an 21.5 inches long.... 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)