Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Earrings

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 6:28 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 335 Total Views
My daughter has to be one of the most beauiful girls in world and i love her death, but she doesn't have a lot of hair.  It drives me crazy that alot of people mistake her for a boy!  Even if she's in a neon pink dress that says 'GIRL POWER' all people see is that she doesn't really have hair so they assume she's a boy.  I put the cute headbands on her, but she usually just takes them off and chew on them.  Everyone in my family keeps telling me that I should get her ears pierced but I'm not sure if she's old enough yet or how she'd react to haveing something like that on her ears.  For anyone else that has a girl, did you get her ears pierced and if so, at what age?
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MommyToJordyLu
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 10:13 PM
My daughter is the same way.. the prettiest thing ever.. but no hair. My son was called a girl all the time because he was bald and 'pretty' also.

I don't get it. People think that we give our baby boys hair cuts or something, so any kid that doesn't have hair has to be a boy? I just don't see why people think that. I mean if my husband and I never got our hair cut, and we started out with the same length, we'd always have the same length of hair, even if his was down to his butt..you could still tell he was a man! It makes me so mad!
I personally am not getting my daughter's ears peirced until she tells me she wants them done. I got mine done when I was 3, and my holes are so high up  on my ears because my ears were so tiny when they were peirced, that they just look funny now. I'm letting her decide.

I suggest that the next time someome says something like that to you, just think of a witty comeback, piss them off for a change.
mommy_dearest
by on Mar. 7, 2007 at 2:18 PM
I'm waiting too. I don't have my ear pierced, I did when I was young but I never liked them. My daughter is cute, but looks just like her father so when we all go out, people think she's a boy too.
stinkerbell
by on Mar. 25, 2007 at 2:39 AM
i just got my daughters ears pierced last week. They say that its easier when they're younger becauce they forget about it right away. SHe cried for a second until i stood up and walked around with her. My mom about had a fit when she saw them tho, as she wouldnt let me get mine pierced til I was 13. But I like them, and she is yet to pull or tug on them. She doesnt even mind when I clean them 3x a day.
Gibson23
by on Apr. 3, 2007 at 12:45 AM

I actually got Haylie's pierced when she was 3 months old. she cried, but only because the gun made a loud noise. If you are scared take her to her pedi and tell him/her that you want to get her ears pierced and they will do it for you (or at least some do) I think the sooner you get it done the better. Haylie will be 1 on the 6th and she has neveer messed with hers. My advice is to give them Tylenol about a hour before you get it done, and neosporin + pain is really good to put on there too!! Hope this helps

Numnas
by on Apr. 4, 2007 at 2:22 AM
We won't be getting the girls' ears pierced until they ask for it.  It is a cultural thing to have done to girls in dh's family but it is not my decision to make since it is not my body. 
taliarosesmommy
by on Apr. 4, 2007 at 7:48 PM
I got my daughter's ears pierced a week before she turned 3 months old.  And she cried for like a second and that was it!!  She's never messed with her earrings since then.  They healed perfectly and her grandparents even bought her diamonds for Christmas.  She looks absolutely gorgeous, if I do say so myself!  She still doesnt have a lot of hair so the earrings definitely help people to put 2 and 2 together now.  I didnt really do it for that reason though.  I just always knew I wanted her to have her ears pierced.  I was a baby when I had mine done and am very grateful for it.  It may be an italian thing in my family but I dont care.  I just love earrings on babies and think it's the cutest thing EVER!    Anyway, they do say it's better to get it done when they're younger because that way they dont know enough yet to play with them and then they heal faster.  My 14 year old step daughter had hers done when she was 12 (her mom and dad left it up to her to decide when & if she wanted them done) and she cried like a baby.  Literally!  She had wished they got hers done when she was a baby.  Anyway, I'm sure your little girl will be just fine if you do decide to have them pierced. Good luck!  Smile
HeatherMQ
by on Apr. 4, 2007 at 10:20 PM
I got Cadence's ears peirced when she was a little under 3 months old. Her pediatrician did it. She cried for a second and got over it quick.  She doesn't play with them now nor did she play with them when she had them peirced. I had mine peirced when I was 11 months and 1 is a little higher than the other, but I had no clue until I was 16 and got my second holes..  You can't even tell. Cadence flinched when she got her's done too. I know they are not even, but no one else can tell. :)  She also doesn't have much hair. And her little diamond (not real of course) butterflies look so cute in her ears. She always gets compliments on them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)