Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so stressed!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:22 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 334 Total Views
Yesterday I went to work. I made a doctors appointment for 3:00pm. My mom was watching him and she calls my work around 1pm crying. She had said 2 words " Nathan seized!" and I was out the door. I took him to the hospital. They gave him ibuprofen, and a antibiotic shot, did a blood culture and sent us home after 1 hr!!!! Then at 12:00am Nathans temp. went from 96 to 103 in like 10 minutes. I woke up this morning and the hospital called and said Nathans blood culture came back positive. They didn't tell me exactly what they were testing for because I thought the test came back when we were there yesterday, why else would they send us home! He tested positive for infection in his blood!! He said make a doctors appointment. So I went to the doctor today at 1pm with him. They checked everything and gave him another antibiotic shot. Said the test results of the blood culture hasn't come in and they don't know what's wrong!!! WHAT??!!?!!! Are they morons?? His temp. was at 96 so they said keep him on Tylenol and ibuprofen. They will call me tom. with the test results.

I am so confused because the only way to keep his temp. stable is to give him both Tylenol (every 4 hrs) and ibuprofen (every 6-8 hrs.) It's like clock work. I'm tired, stressed and confused. I thought a blood infection was serious. My son is only 15 months old! You'd think that could really hurt him. One minute he's normal the next the drugs wear off and he's back to high fever and tired/fussy!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE OKAY!
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
gavinsmommy23
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:29 PM
 I babysit a little boy who had the same thing happen when he was 15 months old. He had a temporal seizor (s/p?) anyways the doctors said that it was caused by a virus. At fist they said it was because of his 15 month shots he had just had.  And I'm sure he'll be fine on the  Tylenol and  ibuprofen. When Gavin was sick with the flu last winter his doctor told me to do the same because his temp. would spike up to 104.  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
babybrynn
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 9:12 AM
Our ped advised us to alternate Tylenol and Motrin whenever Brynn has a fever.  I think that is pretty typical advise.  I hope they figure out what is going on with your little one soon.  I'm sure it is torture not knowing!

Thoughts and prayers are with you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)