Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wondering?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:02 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 332 Total Views
I am just wondering...our dr doesn't see my son until he is 18 months old.  So obviously we have not been to a 15 month appt.  Now since everyone has gone to a 15 month appt.. will you also go to an 18 month appt?  Why is my dr not seeing my son until 18 months?  anybody else's dr say that?  Also, everyone is getting shots at 15 months...wondering if my son will get those shots at 18 months?  Sorry so many questions.  :)
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
dnvcacci
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:05 PM
I'm sure he probaly will get them when he's 18months.  When I was living in texas they told me that they didn't do the 9month shots and that they give them at 12months.  Weird, I know!!!  I think it's different for every state cause in my home state (florida) they do th e9month and 15 month.  I don't know girl, leftme thinking too!! good luck
AmyLee98
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:09 PM
I just took my son to his 15 month appointment and my doctor wants to see him back at 18 month too.. He did get 2 shots DTap and Hib (last one) and at 18 month my doctor said he'll need another shot (would have to look up what it is, I can't remember right now). The seems a little strange that your doctor doesn't want to see him until 18 month and not 15, I know they also went over how he is developing physically and mentally. That's part of the exam. Hope this helps alittle.
BNB9606
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:13 PM
My son is not seeing the Dr until 18 months also. When my daughter was a baby they saw her at 15 months, but when I asked this last time they said 15 months is for any missed shots.  So maybe it varies by hospitals also. My kids were born at the same hospital, but things change over 10 years.  
kimsarr
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:27 PM

Salam Alaykoum! Omar's next one is at 24 months
cmpopa
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:44 PM
My son had a 15 month check up as well as a scheduled 18 month check up. All of his shots are up to date!
babybrynn
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:50 PM
Brynn heads back to the dr. for a 15 mo. check up and again at 18 mos.  My girlfriend's LO one skipped  a 15 mo. check up, but she had more shots at 12 mos than Brynn did.  They were born at the same hospital, 7 mos. apart, so maybe it is at the doctor's discretion.  There is a lot of flexibilty with the immunizations. 
AlaskaCoastie
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 1:48 AM
The 15 month shots can be given any where between 15 and 18 months...(i work in a drs office..soon to be a MA) and also they dont need to go back to the dr until they are two after they get these shots..The next round is at 2...Now they can either give all the 15 to 18 months at one time..OR they can split them up and give two and then one...or two depending on the shots they have already had..So dont stress it...he will get all the same shots..Then more in 6 months at 24 months..hope that helped...
Brooke

ems
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 8:42 AM

Quoting AlaskaCoastie:

The 15 month shots can be given any where between 15 and 18 months...(i work in a drs office..soon to be a MA) and also they dont need to go back to the dr until they are two after they get these shots..The next round is at 2...Now they can either give all the 15 to 18 months at one time..OR they can split them up and give two and then one...or two depending on the shots they have already had..So dont stress it...he will get all the same shots..Then more in 6 months at 24 months..hope that helped...
Brooke

Thank you very much...i have just been reading these posts and wondering what in the world was going on!  :)  Thanks for the clarification!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)