Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not much help

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:08 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 201 Total Views

I finally got my ds in counseling.  He's been in 4 times and she's not helping much at all. All I'm getting is the same old keep an eye on him and there's not much we can do. Although we did learn where it happened. Apparently dad took hm to a friends house and the guy taught him how to do it. Nothing else. Makes me furious. Where was his dad during this and I feel like he should be shot for putting him in that situation. His dad is in Iraq right now and been there since January 2008. I got a call last week from an army guy and he said my ex had got injured from a suicide bomber. He got his legs full of shrapnel from the explosion. I'm happy he wasn't killed but is it wrong to feel happy that he got hurt? Does that make me a bad person? He wasn't seriously injured. they sent him back to duty so the boys will get to see him again. Sometimes I wonder though if it would be better for them to never see him again because they are doing so much better.

P.S. Baby is off the monitor and doing great! She is SOOO adorable. Everywhere I take her people want to hold her and touch her. Luckily after 4 kids I'm not the jealous type.

by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
babe_boo
by Member on May. 26, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Now I have a new problem. My ex's parents take the boys once or twice a month on saturday and bring them back sunday afternoon. They know all about the problem and are supposed to follow the rules. No letting them play alone together and sleeping in seperate rooms for start. Well I found out that the boys sleep in the front room on the floor lying next to each other. But they tell them they aren't allowed to touch each other. I don't know about you guys but the minute my back is turned they are getting into stuff and misbehaving. They are not supposed to be left alone together under any cercumstances. I can't believe this. now I have to tell them that they can only take one of the boys at a time or not at all because I will not have this repeat itself. I am trying to help my son and if I have to deny his grandparents visitation then that's what I'll do. I just won't be getting any days off from having kids for a long long time. Sometimes I just want to cry.

Yasmin
by Group Owner on Oct. 14, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I don't think it is wrong for you to feel that way, I feel like that too. Where the hell were the people that were in the house when my dd was going through this with her dad? How could they not know?

The reality is sad, you don't look at people that way until after it happens. Then you look at everyone like that :(  the trust is gone. I have a hard time trusting people now with my kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)